Me On Monday

Me on Monday is looking forward to a fairly busy week after a productive weekend.

Without planning to, over the weekend I finished sorting through everything in the garage so I now have a complete list of all the things that can be sold. My neighbour helped me out, putting some things up in the rafters and moving the heavier stuff for me. We've also agreed that, when he comes back from holiday, he will take everything I want to dispose of to the recycling yard to save me doing it - that's another huge weight off my mind. The garage is finally tidy and I know where everything is!

Spending a most  enjoyable Sunday evening watching a recording of the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Concert. It was showing on Sky Arts which now seems to be one of the channels available on Freeview TV so I'll be checking to see what other treasures are available.

Catching up with medical appointments - doctor and optician, both on Thursday. Both are catch up routine (in person) visits but I will also take the opportunity to discuss the recent problems with them.

Also catching up with odds and ends while I'm in town. The bookshop is next door to the opticians so after my appointment I'll see if I can use a book token that's been hanging about for ages (years?) - if it's still valid I'll treat myself to a copy of Richard Osman's 'The Thursday Murder Club' if they have it in stock. A couple of shops further along, and on my way back to the car, is the key cutter/knife sharpening place so I'll take the secateurs and get them sharpened. Then a drive to one of the Retail Parks to get a replacement photo card in Currys and stock up on some things in Home Bargains.

Reading 'Bones of Faerie', the first book in a trilogy by Janni Lee Summer. It's not my usual genre but I fancied a change and an advert for this one appeared in my Facebook feed. The blurb was intriguing so it's now on my Kindle and I'm liking it so far. 

Waiting in on Wednesday for a delivery of top soil ... it really feels like the garden work is gathering momentum. There won't be much to see until next year but the proper prep work is finally starting!

Looking forward to a visit from J & R on Tuesday morning, and to having a haircut in the afternoon. Also a walk around the Biss Meadows Country Park with the other J on Wednesday evening (providing the top soil is delivered on time and it's not pouring with rain!). 

Wondering which musical will be screened on Friday night for the relaunch of The Shows Must Go On.

I hope you all have a good week.

Comments

  1. I downloaded a sample of Richard Osman's book, it's really good so I'll be buying it too. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it's the first of a series and they are talking about filming it, so I want to read it asap.

      Hope you have a good week too.

      Delete
  2. Well done on getting the garage organized! I need you and your neighbor to come over and help me with mine!

    Sounds like you'll have plenty of things to do, in the week ahead! I hope you'll have good weather in which to do them.

    Have a lovely day, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He heard me moving things around and volunteered to help. I wouldn't have finished otherwise.

      It's a deliberately busy couple of weeks now. I want to restock on things I can't get on a normal supermarket delivery, partly to be ready for the winters months but mostly in case we have more restrictions imposed because of the virus.

      Delete
  3. Yeah to the garage being tidied & on the done list. You have a very nice neighbour. Sounds like a very busy week ahead with lots of outings & change of scenery. Thanks for the book recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tidied and sorted but I still have sell some things and dispose of others - stage one is ticked off though! Yes, he is a great help, I am very lucky.

      I'm mostly in and around town. This week and next I'd all about re-stocking ready for whatever the winter throws at us in terms of weather and virus.

      Delete
  4. Yay for you on your productive weekend. The garage is always tough to tackle. I had a very crafty week last week, so this week I am going to concentrate on gathering up stuff that I want to purge - the better stuff I just don't need anymore. After you mentioned the convenience of taking all yours to auction, I thought I would take mine all to a favorite consignment shop - a one stop drop, so to speak. I don't have enough quantity for the auction house to mess with. It turns out the shop closed permanently months ago, The owners decided on early retirement because of COVID. So I will look into another shop. I did list a couple of small items on eBay, and they sold straight away. So I may list the rest of the little bits and bobs this week. Those of us who aren't in purge mode, are seemingly online gathering new treasures. Wish me luck on both counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame about the consignment shop closing. I've sold some of my stuff on eBay but have reached the stage where I just want to be rid of it in the easiest way possible. Good luck with whichever method you use to dispose of your things.

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    Glad your garage is organized and everything is well planned for your week.
    I wish everything goes well.
    Almost at the beginning of autumn, it is not a time that I enjoy and my days are a little monotonous.
    I have to organize myself too :))!
    Hugs and a nice week.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like autumn but I know what you mean about the days being a little monotonous. I've started giving some thought to the winter months and how I'll keep myself occupied but don't have many ideas yet.
      Stay safe Ailime. Are there many Covid restrictions where you are?

      Delete
  6. What a saintly neighbor! I know it must feel wonderful to have that job completed before you expected :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would take me at least 4 trips to do it all as you can only have 2 X 15 minute slots every month, and I can't do that much in 15 minutes. He'll take it all in one trip and do it all in one slot. I'll be buying some wine as a thank you.

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed the book - very entertaining and it held my interest all the way through.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear. Let's hope they have it in stock.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts