Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...
  • spending time with friends; a trip to the garden centre with L, a Zoom meet with old college friends, and time spent with P & L
  • going into a shop for the first time since March
  • staycation fun; getting out of the house doing quite ordinary things really but, after such a long time staying at home, I have enjoyed myself enormously
  • welcoming a baby boy to the family, my newest great nephew 💙
  • finding some new pots at the local garden centre - only £5.99 for a very large terracotta pot (admittedly incorrectly priced) which is the perfect size for a spring bulb display
  • attempting a beginner's Italian conversation class and actually being able to follow some bits of the conversation
  • discovering the Churches Conservation Trust  (CCT) online lectures, and ...
  • ... becoming a member of the CCT
  • finally managing to book a slot at the local recycling yard!

I am grateful ...
  • for a gentle reminder that life goes on, with the death of my auntie and the birth of my great nephew, all in the space of eight days
  • for prescription meds
  • the ongoing support of friends and family
  • electric fires on chilly evenings!


Lifestyle Changes
  • Weight: I've decided that I won't rush to replace the scales or fret about my weight for the time being. I will continue to calorie count so should continue to lose weight, but for now, I want to go by how I feel, not by the number on the scales.
  • Knee Strengthening (every day): achieved
  • Exercise (25 minutes every other day): no specific exercises but I have been much more active every day.

Comments

  1. All very good reasons for being cheerful and grateful. Yes, life does go on, doesn't it? One life ceases and another begins, all within the space of a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His original due date was on the day my auntie died!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a nice staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eileen,
    Nice reasons to be happy. Congratulations on the birth of your grandchild.
    Also thanking for the good things that happened is important.
    About the lifestyle I need to walk every day. But it is always good to do some exercise time that will help us to overcome our problems.
    I wish you a good week full of good things.
    Hugs,
    Ailime
    ((I am sorry for the loss of your aunt).)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. He's my sister's grandson, so is my great nephew.

      I need to focus on the exercising so that it becomes a habit. I need to keep moving if I want to remain independent as I get older. Good luck with maintaining your exercise and I hope you have a lovely week too. xx

      Delete
  4. Liking the sound of the bargainous pots! Let's hope that Wednesday sees them christened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a busy week! I think to focus on how you feel and how clothes fit rather than the number on the scale makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that how I feel is a much better indication. I will replace the scales at some point to monitor progress but how I'm coping with daily life and how mobile I am has to be the thing that drives me forward.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts