Saturday


These are the books I used for teaching year 3 and 4 classes to play the recorder. I've already given two books away (to Misses H & C) and I am taking the rest of them to band today to pass them on to R. I started teaching R to play a brass instrument when she was eight years old and she still comes along to band to play whenever she can. She's now a primary school teacher, qualifying about four years ago, and I'm passing these books and CDs to her to add to her own resources. I think she'll make good use of them.

It's band practice this morning so that's my joyful activity for the day. Then it's a busy afternoon taking another car load of rubbish to the skip and some bags of clothes to the charity shop. Then I want to get on with things in the garden. I don't need to go out again so am not too worried about getting wet as I can jump straight in the shower afterwards but it will be much nicer if the rain stops for a while. I won't attempt anything if it starts pouring down though. 

Tonight I'll close the curtains to shut the bad weather out, dim the lights and spend the evening listening to a selection of classical music, something I haven't done for ages.

Comments

  1. It's lovely to know that your things will continue to be used.
    Good luck with the decluttering and your evening sounds blissful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was delighted with them so I know I made the right decision.

      I'm looking forward to this evening ... probably Beethoven.

      Delete
  2. It sounds as if those are definitely going to the right place. It's so much easier to get rid of things if I know they will receive a new lease of life. I do take care on freecycle, if I get several requests, to choose a "nice" recipient. I'm absolutely certain that some users take any and everything they can get, to sell on. Not really the ethos of the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had quite a long chat about primary school music this morning as she thinks she will have to take the lead on it, so I have lots more things to give to her. She was genuinely grateful and I know she will use it, so am happy to pass things on to her.

      I know what you mean about people abusing the Freecycle offers for their own gain. As you say, not really what it's all about.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are finding good homes for your music books! It's easier to release the books when you know they are going to good homes, I think. I hope you've had a good afternoon of gardening and are enjoying a nice evening of music. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing they will be appreciated and used definitely makes it easier to dispose of all the music books.

      In the end it was too windy to do what I wanted in the garden but I did manage to do quite a bit if general tidying up around the patio and in part of the garage.

      My evening listening to music was blissful and is something I'll definitely make the effort to do again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts