Monday

It's been a lovely relaxing weekend and I'm meeting the new week with a smile. It's a lesson learned - that a regular break from the 'day job' to recharge the batteries is just as important in retirement as it was when I was working full time.

Today is my teaching day, five 30 minute lessons starting at 3:30 pm, so everything else I fit in has to work around that. I have a few bags of rubbish from the garage and garden which need to go to the skip so I hope to get that done when they open at 10:00 am, and then I'll drive on to town to get the few bits of shopping I need - bread, fruit and vegetables.

I've chosen my book for day 3 of the book decluttering challenge ...


... I never use it, choosing instead to either use tried and trusted family recipes or to use the internet. I'm sure someone will find it useful so it'll go the the charity shop at the end of the month.

They are forecasting rain on most days this week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for showers so that I can get out and finish off bits of the membrane/gravel laying, or get the remainder of the new plants in the ground. My goal is to get it over and done with this week. In between the garden work I'll be concentrating on the rest of the clearing indoors, optimistically aiming to complete it all by the end of the month. 

Today, when I get back from town, I'll get the bits and pieces of personal admin done and out of the way and then, if time permits, start on the band admin in preparation of handing it over to whoever gets voted in as Treasurer at the AGM in July ... I just know that it won't be me again - I only took on the role because no one else would do it but we now have a possible candidate lined up! I have no intention of quitting the band but want to focus my efforts on the music side of things. This evening I'm meeting a couple of other committee members to review the band's constitution.

My joyful activity for the day will be a combination of the teaching and some piano practice.

Comments

  1. It sounds like a truly lovely day. You're right about changes being just as important in retirement as they are when one has paid employment.
    It's interesting that my first reazction was 'How could you get rid of that book' before realising that I wouldn't use it either as I have one super (and small) pickling and preserves book and need no other.
    That's my problem and I must battle it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me years to get to the stage of letting books go, especially the music ones. It's finding a way to get past the 'it might be used one day' stage.

      Delete
    2. I'm terrible with books, I really am. MUST harden my heart!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I think we know someone on your side of the pond, that would find that book inspiring/helpful or as a launching point for her own book on jellies, jams & chutneys. I think that at no matter the stage of life, we all can use a day or two of no commitments, no have to do, no list to check off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did wonder if Lady E will find it useful. I'll contact her before I pass it on to the charity shop.

      Delete
    2. Loud and clear! Looks like hours of fun -thank you!!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend and feel refreshed for the week ahead. When I set up my weekly cleaning schedule, I tried to keep the weekend free from chores, other than the dailies (dishes, litter box, etc.)

    Sounds like there's a taker for your most recent book being decluttered! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from band on a Saturday morning I will try to have a proper weekend break from now on, maybe continuing until I start teaching on the Monday.

      I've found recipients for some of the other music books as well.

      Delete
  4. I must admit I tend to stick to the same jelly and jam recipes although I have several books

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts