Tuesday


I've tried to read this one but can't get past the first few pages so it's going to the charity shop.

I have the blood tests this morning and then the rest of the day is free from any commitments so, assuming it all goes according to plan at the doctor's surgery, I'm indulging in a bit of retail therapy. 

I cleared out most of my clothes a few weeks ago and now have nothing to wear! Actually, I'm okay for skirts but really do need a couple of new tops, so that's what I hope to find today. I'll look around M&Co and Matalan, leaving Sainsburys and Tesco in reserve. I'd need to go to Bath or Bristol for the big stores and to have more choice, but I'm not that desperate ... I don't like clothes shopping!

My joyful activity will hopefully be doing some more work on my family tree. I say hopefully because the Ancestry site keeps freezing and I won't get far without access to their records. If that's not an option, then my back up plan is to draw some zentangles.

Comments

  1. After an blood work, I always plan a treat for myself as I'm not good with needles. So fingers crossed that all goes quickly, easily & results are perfect. Clothes shopping should be such fun shouldn't it, but wear-ability, size-ability & affordability all play into it, well for me at least. I was lucky last year at season end I picked up a couple of skirts marked down by 80%, so for this season I'm good to go. Oh zentangles, that sound fun & definitely joy making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm okay with needles but unlucky with shopping ... I didn't find any tops I liked! Zentangles didn't happen today as Ancestry was working properly so I've been searching through their records.

      Delete
  2. Excuse me, but I thought you needed me to blame for your stints of retail therapy (or is that just garden stuff?). Does this mean I'm out of a job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on, pull yourself together ... you're responsible for the garden stuff but if you want extra responsibilities you can take the blame for all retail therapy! 😃😃

      Delete
  3. Hope your blood work went well and the results come back, fine. I have to go in for my blood work, next week! I, too, hate clothes shopping, which is why I am so happy when relatives clear out their closets and give me stuff! Well done on the book decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm expecting the blood results to be fine so I'm not stressing about it. I dislike clothes shopping now that I've put on so much weight; trying to get something to fit is too much like hard work! This time the sizing was okay but none of the colours suited me. I may have to buy some fabric and make my own.

      Delete
  4. I always treat myself to McDonald's breakfast after fasting for blood draws. A bit of retail therapy instead, might be better for my health. I thought I had nothing to wear this summer too, and was trying various mail order services, like Trunk Club. That proved almost as aggravating, but then the last straw was that yesterday I realized that hubby had neglected to bring down a whole laundry basket of my clothes from last summer. I don't really need to shop for summer clothes after all. Can you believe that? How could I have not realized I was missing so much from my closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you're secretly wishing for new clothes ... I recognise the symptoms!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts