Friday

I don't really have much to write about today. I did very little yesterday and today will be more of the same ... maybe a bit of pottering about indoors, but nothing too strenuous.

I feel much better today but have my sensible head on so will take the rest of the week at a leisurely pace. Apart from band tomorrow morning there is nothing else in the diary so I can please myself and do whatever I feel like doing ... if that is doing nothing, then so be it!

I've found some more of my late partner's books which had been put out of the way and forgotten. I have no wish to keep these so will advertise them for sale.


S will be here later this morning to clean through the house so I'll have a quick tidy round before she get's here (as I want her to clean, not tidy up). I'm usually good at keeping the place tidy but have let things slip over the past couple of days so that'll be my next task after finishing this post. 

Comments

  1. People laugh when I say I have to tidy up for the cleaner but I totally agree with you. I have a cleaner to clean and if she spends all her time tidying my rubbish, she doesn't do as much cleaning and that's just not the point.
    I'm glad you're continuing to take things easy. No point pushing too hard and too soon. Have a gentle day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to learn to slow down! I keep overdoing things and then am ill and forced to rest. You'd think I'd know better by now wouldn't you.

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear that you are feeling better. I like your idea of a weekend of maybe, maybe not. I did chuckle about your tidying for the cleaner but you're right, she's there to clean. Hope you have a wonderful weekend & that the weather is drier so you can sit & admire all the work you've done in the garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be sunny and dry but I'm cold today so am huddled up indoors. I'm hoping to get out for a walk along the canal towpath to take some photos.

      Delete
  3. hope, everything goes well with you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you continue to take it easy for a few more days and rest. It is hard to pace ourselves, but, that is what we need to do. I'm glad you have S coming over to clean the house for you. Well done in continuing to declutter the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately S didn't turn up so the cleaning still needs to be done. Yes, I've seen that I need to slow down so I will just reset some of my goals and adopt a gentler approach to life.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts