Saturday

It's Day 1 of Bless' book decluttering challenge - the aim is to declutter 30 books in June, one for each day of the month, but I'll be doing a lot more than that on some days as I'm taking this opportunity to clear out lots of music books that I no longer need or want.

So today I'm disposing of four of the books in the Games of Thrones series. My friend's daughter found these in her hotel when on holiday and brought them back for me to read but that was about five years ago and, as I haven't read them yet and probably never will, they are going to the charity shop. I didn't watch the TV series either.


I'm ignoring the garden for the entire weekend. One reason is that the forecast is for showers, but mostly that I want a break from it. I'm hoping to go out today but I haven't decided what to do or where to go yet. A trip to Bath to one of the museums or the art gallery is a distinct possibility, or maybe a drive over to Salisbury to wander around the cathedral. It's too early to contact anyone yet but I will phone around later to see if anyone wants to come out to play and take it from there. 

Comments

  1. I love that you are going to please yourself today and maybe to go out. Good for you: have a fantastic time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lovely day today, thanks Joy ... so much better than I'd hoped for xx

      Delete
  2. I'm with you, I too have never watched Game of Thrones. I often put books on our local free page on Facebook, and pass them on, as a result I often get messages asking if I want first choice on books they are getting rid of, there are a small group of us passing books this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at the end of a book share chain with books coming to me from family and friends, and I pass them on to a friend who works in a charity book shop.

      Delete
  3. A nice day out sounds fun! I'm doing the book declutter too. I shall have to sort some for today. I started watching Game of Thrones, but haven't got too far with it. I have to be in a particular mood to watch it and haven't been so never got further than about series 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your decluttering, Sharon. I have the chance of loaning the complete box set of GOT but I'm not sure that I will take up the offer.

      Delete
  4. You got a good start on the book declutter! Well done! Thank you, too, for the link to my blog. :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed your day out. I need to start my car today, since I didn't drive it as planned, yesterday. Whether I will actually go anywhere is undecided - it is a gloomy day (although not raining) and driving for the sake of driving doesn't really appeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed at home - unexpected visitors!

      Why not drive to a local park and look for some photos for the scavenger hunt?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts