Saturday

Well S didn't turn up to do the cleaning yesterday so I have spoken to one of their admin staff about it and will speak to the manager on Monday. I need someone who is reliable and much as I like S this will be the third time out of a possible nine visits when I've been left without a cleaner.

It's band practice this morning and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone after a quiet few days at home. It's a different sort of practice this morning as our usual conductor is on holiday so the session will be taken by our principal cornet player (adult!). She has said she may be late so I'll take the practice until she arrives.

After practice I'm hoping to call in to the library as they are advertising board games sessions every Saturday afternoon. I won't stay today as I'd need to work out how and where to have lunch, but I'd like to see if others are interested, which games are being played, and whether I think it will work for me. It's advertised as something for adults with children being welcome as well, so it all depends on the ratio of adults to children. I'll drive home via the Bradford on Avon library as they are advertising the same type of event so I have a choice of two venues if I decide to give it a try.

Once I'm back home I don't plan on going out for the rest of the weekend, except for a stroll along the canal or the village if the weather stays fine.

I've added some more of my partner's books to the 'sell' pile ...


Comments

  1. A third missed is really not great and I hope the agency manages to sort something out. Were you informed that she couldn't come?
    Have a good time and band this morning.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, hope that you were notified that S was not able to come this week. I hope you get a more reliable cleaner. Hope the band practice went well and you find the board games at the library a fun activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy & Bless, no I wasn't notified. On the previous two occasions they phoned me but not this time, which has annoyed me more than the fact that she didn't turn up!

    Band was good fun ... playing Mars from The Planets. There weren't many people at the board games event so will try again in a couple of weeks. It's only just been advertised so make take a while for people to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts