Monday



A few more music theory books to add to yesterday's pile.

Yesterday turned out to be a day of dreadful news with a friend contacting me to say she is being treated for breast cancer, and then hearing that the father of a young child in the band has passed away. They say that bad news comes in threes but I'm truly hoping that is not the case this time.

It's my teaching day, starting at 3:30 pm, so the rest of the day leading up to then will be spent looking through one of the cupboards in the playroom to see if I want to get rid of anything. I haven't yet managed to get the three cupboards in that room organised properly so I think that will be my focus this week.

My joyful activity will be to check out the photos of all the participants of the SPSH. It's the Sci-Fi book group tonight so that will be my second joyful activity of the day.

Comments

  1. I hope your friend's cancer was detected in the early stages and her treatments go well. Please let her know that a blog friend of yours, who is also a breast cancer survivor, wishes her well.

    I'm sorry to hear about the death of a band member's father. I was 7 when my father died; people thought I didn't understand, but I did. I can still remember the details of the day and the funeral, etc.

    I hope the third piece of bad news doesn't materialize. Hope your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how early it was detected but she's already had three operations and will be having chemotherapy, radiotherapy and hormone therapy. I will pass on your message.

      I think the child is 9 years old so still very young but old enough to understand what's happening.

      Delete
  2. I do hope you enjoy your tour of the other's SPSH finds. Fingers crossed that some good news comes in to break that string of bad news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm keeping my fingers crossed too!

      Delete
  3. Oh Eileen I'm sorry you've had such news. I hope your friend receives the same good care I'm currently receiving and that things improve as the day goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sounded very positive for the future and there didn't seem to be any concerns about her care so far. How are you?

      Delete
  4. Sorry you've received such sad news I do hope things pick up for you and you don't get anymore bad news.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - those books look so familiar!
    I'm saddened by the bad news you have shared. Hopefully there will be no more.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm hoping.

      Did the books bring back good memories?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts