Monday

I had a very lazy day yesterday and only made it out in the garden to take this photo! I was overtired and needed to rest. 


This morning will be taken up with bits and bobs for band. I want to get as much done before we finish for the summer so that I can have a complete break from it, although the committee may have to meet up more than once during the summer break to resolve a huge problem that reared its ugly head yesterday.

Wiltshire schools finish next week but that'll be a lively week for the children with end of year parties, shows and discos, so I am finishing up my teaching a week early. As today is their last lesson until September they get to look back over the pieces they've worked this term on and choose their favourites, which is fun for them and, as well as being a nice easy lesson for me, it also gives me the opportunity to review their progress and determine the weaker areas for focus next term.

Tonight I'll be out to meet with friends for the monthly Sci-Fi book group. I am pleased to report that I finished the book yesterday and enjoyed it. There are two more in the series but, much as I enjoyed this one, I don't think I will read the others - I have too many other books on my 'to read' list so I have to be realistic and draw the line somewhere.

Comments

  1. That's a nice view of the garden, looking towards the house. Your roses are doing so well and the planting areas look so nice with the pebbles.

    Hope the problem with the band is resolved without too much trouble. Enjoy your day of teaching and the Sci-Fi book group meeting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Next year, or maybe this year, there will be added colour with plants in pots. That's the plan anyway

      Delete
  2. My reading list seems to grow and grow and I don't have as much time for reading these days as I used to. I'm lucky if I manage to get through one book a month although I'm on a role this month and may actually finish two.

    Enjoy your last week of term and I do hope it doesn't get too hectic.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've failed miserably on my reading target for this year. Last year I read 70 books so was aiming for 80 this year, but so far have only read 17! I have no idea why as I read every day.

      Delete
  3. Yeah that the garden is done (mostly) It looks very nice, so hopefully the weather co-operates so that you can have many chances to sit outside & enjoy. I read your weekend posts - sorry that the doctor's appt. wasn't as you'd hoped, but thankfully, you're on top of it & at the next check in, dr will be pleased. My reading has slowed a bit as I haven't got something to really tickle my fancy. Just finishing up two which are OK but not what the hype says they should have been (for me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan for this summer - spending most of the day sitting on the patio. I'll need to buy a patio umbrella first though otherwise I will bake!

      Delete
  4. It's so easy to get drawn into series when you've read the first book, I have a few on the go and feel obliged to read more and more as new books are released. I hope the band problem gets resolved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to read the other two in the series so I may suggest that we read them as the next two choices for the book group. That's one way round the problem 😁

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts