TGIF

I'm joining in with a new weekly meme, created originally by Dr Brene Brown and mentioned on  Mary-Lou's blog, so a big thank you to Mary-Lou for letting us know about this. 

Trusting ... 

... that the cleaning company find a replacement cleaner for me. S has phoned in sick again! They are sending someone out later this afternoon and will arrange for a permanent replacement before the next visit is due.


Grateful ...

...for the support offered by family and friends to get the garden back under control. It's been a nagging worry at the back of my mind for a while now and I am so grateful for the people who are rallying round to help me get the back garden sorted out this weekend. 


Inspired ...

... by the approach to learning of one of the young girls I teach on a Monday afternoon. She is not a 'natural' musician and finds every aspect of music hard to put into practice but she has persevered, practiced regularly and her hard work has paid off - she doesn't know yet, but she will be awarded 'Most Improved Player' at the band's annual awards in three weeks time. 


Fun ...

... I've been filling up my diary with plenty of fun activities for July. In addition to the usual book groups, film nights, quizzes and Girls' Night In, yesterday I booked my ticket to see 'Andre Rieu's 2019 Maastricht Concert - Shall We Dance?' which is being shown at the Wiltshire Music Centre, and have set aside three other dates to do something that is new to me. At the moment these something new activities will be a trip to Bristol to see the city from the top deck of one of their tourist buses, a day at a National Trust property I've never visited, and a themed guided walk around Trowbridge. July is turning out to be a good month and I'm looking forward to it all!

Comments

  1. Eileen thanks for that shout out. I too am inspired by your young musician, well done her. Sometimes if things come too easily, we maybe don't fully appreciate. All your fun activities so have lots of adventure built into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so proud of her because she hasn't found it easy at all.

      Delete
  2. Your activities sound wonderful! I like your "organized" approach to your life. It would never work in my life right now but I enjoy reading about yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live alone and have realised that I need to make sure I have something in the diary to look forward to or I drift too easily into doing nothing.

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of that kid. She will go far. I hope she's thrilled with her reward, and that others are motivated by her efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's amazing and won't expect an award at all so it'll be a complete surprise for her. I can't wait to see her face!

      Delete
  4. I'm delighted that her dedication is being rewarded. So lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stayed out of the conversation when the rest of the music team discussed this award so I couldn't be accused of favouritism, so I was over the moon when they chose her.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I like this meme! Congratulations to that student - how lovely to know that her efforts are being recognized! I like your fun activities, too. I'm trying to make sure I have one or two fun activities scheduled for this month, myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you join us? I think it is a weekly meme - every Friday.

      Delete
  6. Perseverance is so important when learning new skills, so good for her and for her teacher who, no doubt, encourages every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's reached the stage where she can hear the improvement for herself and knows her hard work is paying off.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts