Sunday

So, it's been hot and sunny for the last three weeks with no sign of rain but yesterday, when we were busking, can you guess what happened? Yes, it rained! Fortunately only light rain for about fifteen minutes, just long enough so that we spent the rest of the morning in damp clothes with soggy music ... all part of the fun of busking!

I forgot to mention that my nephew came round after he'd finished work on Friday night and sorted out the garden for me. I collected him from the train station at 8:30pm and then dropped him back home at 10:30pm, and in that time he sorted the gravel and membrane on all the beds around the garden ... the last couple were finished off in the dark. It would have taken me hours and hours to do that on my own!


I now need to sweep the patio and tidy up some of the edges but ... it's done and I feel an enormous sense of relief. I have the centre bed to do (top left hand corner of the photo) which won't take long and if I can't manage, he'll come back and do that for me as well. That bed will be covered in bark once it's cleared and I'm hoping to get that done by the end of the month.

The bonus of getting the gravel on the garden is that the garage decluttering has started. That's where the bags of gravel were stored and where there is now a big empty space instead. When I feel ready I can look at what's left in the garage and start making decisions about the items that need to go.

Tonight will be spent at home reading (only 56 pages to go) and then I'll see if there is anything I fancy watching on TV. 

Comments

  1. Oh, isn't that just typical of our weather. I hope it didn't dampen the children's spirits too much and that a good time was had by all.
    The garden looks great and I totally understand your sense of relief. As you say, just a bit of sweeping to do now.
    And well done with the book. I hope it was worth the effort.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain all added to the fun and the children weren't bothered by it at all. None of us had coats and we'd have stopped if the rain got any worse but luckily it stopped and was dry for the rest of the time. We busked for two hours, so I was glad to get home at the end of it.

      I'm going to just enjoy the garden for the rest of this year and take the time to decide what else, if anything I want to add in each bed.

      Yes, I have thoroughly enjoyed the book so well worth the effort.

      Delete
  2. Oh, no! I'm sorry it rained when you were out busking! I'm glad your nephew was able to help you with the garden, after all. He accomplished a lot in those two hours! I'm sure you are happy to have that all done! Please don't mention garage decluttering to me! I need to get my garage organized and I'm just not ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just typical British weather so we're used to it! Yes, my nephew worked hard and did a great job. He must have been tired after a full day's work - I'm so grateful for his efforts.

      My garage will get some more attention next month when we start sorting out the band stuff that is stored in there.

      Delete
  3. Hooray for another big tick on the to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely ... I am so relieved to get this one ticked off. Once I've done the remaining bed it'll be so easy to keep the garden looking neat and tidy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts