Saturday


Preparation for Sunday's garden maintenance is well under way. I have cleared the weeds from all the beds on the longest side of the garden and have made a start on the narrow bed that runs along the bottom. I will definitely complete the narrow bed later today and may also be able to clear the center bed as well ... it all depends on it being cool enough later this afternoon.

This morning sees the last proper band practice of this academic year. We are taking all of the children busking next week and the following week it is the end of year concert and presentation of awards, after which we will break until schools resume in September. I am ready for the break!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful photo. I hope the weather stays fine for you, we had a downpour through the night, I don't mind so long as it stays fine through the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to stay dry until Monday when we are due some showers. Wouldn't it be lovely if we could arrange for dry sunny days and cool rainy nights!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are making good progress on the garden! I'm sure everyone in the bank is looking forward to the summer break!

    Hope your Saturday is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing the weeding in short sessions is working for me and I'm not getting overtired, so it's all coming together slowly.

      Yes, I think we're all ready for our summer break.

      Delete
  3. Lovely snapshot, and thanks for adding the word "busking" to my vocabulary; it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts