Thursday


Despite a little mishap (which I'll explain later), yesterday's filming of a celebrity version of Tipping Point was brilliant ... really good fun. The Tipping Point machine is not fully automated so there are lots of breaks in the recording where a runner comes on to either count the discs or remove them, and during these breaks there was lots of banter between the host and the celebrities and also with the audience. It took three hours to record what will be transmitted as a one hour show! We've been asked to 'keep the secret' and not give away the names of the celebrities ... so I won't, but will say I'd only heard of one of them!

The mishap was that I fainted in the queue when waiting to go in and needed the attention of the studio's paramedic. I had plenty of water with me and had eaten a pasta lunch about 30 minutes earlier before starting to queue, but we were then queuing for over 40 minutes on a very hot day with no shade, nowhere to sit, and no breeze. I recovered very quickly and the paramedic took me indoors to a very cool room (sheer bliss!) and checked all my stats ... my blood pressure was very low, hence the fainting, and the studio lady (don't know what her job was, but she was very kind to me), providing me with lots of bottles of iced water and mini packets of biscuits as she thought I might be in need of a sugar snack during the filming ... which as it turned out, I was! As I said, I felt better almost immediately and was well enough to watch the show, and also felt well enough to cope with the hour long drive home, although I did go and buy a meal before leaving Bristol. 

I slept in this morning and have woken with no after affects. My only commitment today is to collect Lauren from her new job and drive her to her leaving do from her previous job ... they hadn't taken into account that she uses public transport and even with me giving her a lift she will be at least half an hour late! 

As for the rest of today, I'll be taking it easy. I was going to go to Bath a couple of hours before needing to meet Lauren so I could take some photos, but after yesterday have decided against that plan. I haven't been out yet but it looks very sunny and very hot, so I don't want a repeat of yesterday! I'll take my camera with me and try for a few photos in the wooded area right next to the car park where I'm waiting for Lauren if I feel up to it ... we'll see how it goes. It's Wimbledon, so there is bound to be some tennis worth watching on TV.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you had immediate medical attention when you fainted and you felt OK, afterwards! Glad you felt well enough to enjoy the show and drive yourself home. Take it easy today and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it was just a reaction to standing for so long on an extremely hot day rather than anything untoward going on with me. I'm having a quiet day today until I go out to collect Lauren.

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness for the immediate care of you ... I do hope you have called the doctor's office to let them know of this fainting so maybe an earlier appt can be had. Glad that you enjoyed the taping of the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting to see my doctor on the 12th. He's on holiday so an earlier appointment isn't an option and I don't want to see another doctor when the stats taken yesterday didn't highlight any reason for concern. I know that my usually high blood pressure often fluctuates and low reading are not uncommon. Also it's not the first time I've fainted like that so I'm not worried and am taking it easy for now.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you had instant care Eileen and that you managed to enjoy the day afterwards. Keep drinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The studio was very quick providing assistance and the paramedic was extremely thorough. At least it got me inside out if the sun as all the other audience members were waiting in line for another twenty minutes or more.

      Delete
  4. Gosh, that all sounds very dramatic. Glad it was nothing serious. The queuing for these things can be quite a chore. I might try your technique for getting in a tad quicker. 😜 (Not belittling the event.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's worth a try but you'll need to be convincing 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts