Friday


I haven't looked outside yet so I don't know what the weather is doing but it definitely feels cooler, thank goodness. There was thunder storm during the night so the garden will have had a good soaking.


It's another day at home today. I did pop out yesterday to one of the schools I used to teach in (to collect an instrument from one of the children who left the band back in December) and had a long chat with the admin staff. G also turned up to cut my hair so that was another opportunity to chat to someone. Today I'll be completely on my own so am looking forward to a busy morning and a relaxing afternoon and evening.

This morning, once I get my act together and go downstairs, will be taken up with cooking some meals for the freezer - bolognese sauce in the slow cooker and a chilli on the hob. I have plenty of left over vegetables from yesterday's meal so will also have some bubble and squeak to freeze, and I'll use up some odds and ends of things in the freezer to make a veggie pasta bake for my meal tonight. I also hope to catch up with the remainder of the washing this morning which will dry quickly but I doubt I'll get round to doing any ironing.

This afternoon is piano playing, just playing favourite pieces for enjoyment rather than trying to learn anything new, and I'm sure there will be some time to curl up in my reading chair and lose myself in a book. I'll also fit in some tenor horn practice as well.

Then this evening I'll be watching 'Galaxy Quest', which was supposed to be our film night choice but we've decided to turn the evening around, so that we all watch the film during the month and then discuss the film when we meet up for the Girls' Night In ... so a film version of the book group. 

Comments

  1. It sounds like a really lovely day and very relaxing. Have a wonderful time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. It's much cooler today so I have more energy and have made a start in the kitchen with pots bubbling away on the hob and a load of washing in the machine. I'm on my second coffee break and am quietly enjoying my life! I hope you have a good day too

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a nice, relaxing day, Eileen. Hope the weather is cooler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot cooler today thank goodness. The rain has stopped and it all feels very fresh in the garden ... that after the storm feeling.

      Delete
  3. Have a relaxing day. I really enjoyed Galaxy Quest, I hope you do, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to watching it. The other three friends have all seen it before so the film was chosen for my benefit. I like Alan Rickman so will be interested to see him in a different type of role.

      Delete
  4. Happy cooking, happy relaxing - what a wonderful way to start the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully not just the weekend. My goal is to gradually move to a much more relaxed lifestyle 😊

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lovely day.I love the idea of a film group.We could perhaps start one on here.Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We changed to the film group idea because we talked so much when we met, we never got round to watching the film. This way, we are hoping that some films will actually get viewed.

      If you decide to organise an online film group please let me know.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts