Monday


That's it! Band and teaching have finished for the current academic year so my time is completely my own until September. I am officially on holiday ... another staycation.

I'm feeling rather drained after such a busy weekend so I am having a 'do nothing' day today, and then will continue with the garden and the decluttering for the remainder of July, leaving the whole of August as a holiday. I'm so close to completing the decluttering and garden that I can't stop now!

The band attended the Civic Service yesterday, playing before and after the actual service. The mayor hosts a buffet meal for all participants after the service and that's when local groups and charities are presented with cheques from the money raised through the mayor's fundraising efforts. In previous years we always sat there wondering why the band was never selected to receive a cheque, only to find out that you had to apply! So we did and this year the band was lucky enough to receive a cheque for £1,000 - I don't know what we'll do with the money yet, that'll be decided by the new committee next time we meet. 

I forgot to mention that the issue with the unreliable cleaner has been resolved. S is no longer working for the company (just resigned without giving any notice), and I now have A who is, I think, quite shy and just gets on with her work without constant interruptions to answer her phone or wanting to chat. I think the new arrangement is going to be fine.

Comments

  1. I'm very glad it has all been resolved. I know you liked her but she obviously wasn't up to the responsibility.
    Have a lovely staycation and good luck with spending that grant - how lovely to get it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've since found out that S was working for the company and at the same time starting her own cleaning business, and her own business was obviously taking priority.

      Yes, we're excited about the cheque - new instruments or new music probably.

      Delete
  2. Thankfully your cleaner situation is resolved. Let's hope that A is there for the long haul. I think S starting her own business might not go anywhere since she's proved to be unreliable & certainly not present when paid to be. At our clinic we are not allowed our personal phones while on the desk. Oh what fun to plan to spend 1000 pounds that doesn't come out of your bank account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Unless she takes a more mature approach I don't think her business will thrive.

      I've been looking at new music arrangements this afternoon ... just in case 😁

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you have a replacement for S. Hope A works out well.

    How nice that the band received a check from the Mayor's fund! Have fun deciding on what to spend that money!

    Enjoy your staycation! Hope you get lots of time to rest and relax. Good luck with the decluttering and gardening, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I think my staycation will be taken up with meeting friends ... my diary is getting full.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts