Sunday


Today is the big day ... Operation Garden. My fingers are crossed that nothing goes wrong and that we don't have to reschedule.

I managed to weed all the beds that need the membrane and gravel but haven't finished the centre bed yet. That needs to be cleared completely, with the exception of the crab apple tree - the grasses have started to take over and the whole bed looks too crowded and generally a bit of a mess. It's not that big so I'm hoping my nephew will still have enough time and energy to dig it over before he goes home. If not, I'll just do it bit by bit during the week. The plants that are worth saving from there will either go into the pots or go to friends.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll be having an admin day to get ready for the band's AGM which is in two weeks time. I'm also in the middle of contacting the local schools to arrange a date and time in September for me to visit with an assortment of brass instruments and try to get some new players for the band. 

Comments

  1. It'll be wonderful when it's all finished and complete - you've planned for this for a long time. Enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your day goes as planned. We had some rain overnight here in south Hampshire, very pleasing to see, just need the sun to come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping everything crossed ... they haven't arrived yet!

      Delete
  3. Hope the day goes well and all the work gets done. We want before, during, and after pictures, please! :)

    By the way, that is a very unusual looking flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the seed head of a clematis. It's a big no to the garden being finished as my nephew didn't come round ... don't know why yet.

      Yes you'll be bored senseless by all the photos, don't worry 😁

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts