Tuesday


Yesterday turned out to be busier than I'd planned. The certificates are printed and I finished writing both of my reports for the band's AGM - Treasurer and Beginners. I tidied the kitchen and ran a couple of loads of washing, then checked the remainder of the upstairs rooms to see if there was anything else that I want to let go ... there will most likely be things in my playroom, but for the time being the upstairs of the house is finished. Well, it will be finished when I hang the pictures which will happen some time this week.

After lunch I took a car load of rubbish, mainly garden waste but also some stuff from the garage, to the skip. I refer to it as the skip but it is actually a recycling yard. Trips to the skip used to be an ordeal but since the new company has taken over it's a doddle with the staff offering to help as soon as I started to lift bags out of the car. I always sort it out at home so all I have to do is tell them what's in each bag and they do all the hard work actually climbing the steps up to the skips and throwing the stuff in. It's the steps that I find the most tiring!

Back home and time for a sit down with coffee and cake (I know!!) before the teaching, which as I expected was tremendous fun. I left it till the heat had gone and then did another hour in the garden, covering some of the small triangular beds with membrane and enough gravel to hold the membrane in place. Last time I tried to do it it was very windy and too much of a struggle but this was manageable so if all goes well today I will do some more. My nephew forgot but in his defence also had a migraine/sunstroke and wasn't feeling too good. I haven't rescheduled yet because I may be able to tackle the rest myself, always assuming one of my neighbours will move the remaining bags of gravel out of the garage for me, which I'm sure they will. I need to add more gravel to the beds I've already covered and then in between tackling the rest of the membrane and gravel I can carry on clearing the remaining bed ... working 20-30 minutes at a time and then taking a rest and it'll soon be done.

It's our monthly Girls' Night In tonight so am looking forward to catching up with them all.

Comments

  1. Your 'skip' sounds a fantastic place, a real benefit to the community. People are so much more inclined to use facilities like this when they are well run.
    Enjoy your evening - it'll be fun, I'm sure.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and is very well used. It's not unusual for cars to be queuing back down the road.

      I'm looking forward to tonight - always a good laugh

      Delete
  2. You certainly got a lot done yesterday. That rose is so pretty & delicate. We have the same type of recycle centre close by & we make use of it. Thankfully the way ours is set up, the bins are in bays that are level to where we put in, so no stairs to navigate. I reviewed my "decluttering" plans & it seems not only to have stalled but in truth it was more of tidying & actually very little has gone, except for the shredding, that one I can say I scored 95% on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish ours was like that ... so much easier. I think decluttering is easier when most of the stuff belongs to someone else. I'm definitely finding this last bit hard to do because most of it belongs to me 😁

      Delete
  3. What a lovely rose!

    You got a lot accomplished, yesterday! I'm sorry your nephew forgot about Sunday due to a migraine/sunstroke, but, glad it wasn't anything worse. It sounds like you are making good progress in the garden on your own, anyway.

    Hope you have a lovely evening with your friends, tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time tonight, thanks. They've just left at midnight so they will be tired at work tomorrow. As a retired person, I hope to sleep in for a while!

      Delete
  4. Does sound like a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But all enjoyable and satisfying, so I'm happy xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts