Sunday


For most of yesterday I had that niggling feeling that I'd forgotten to do something. I don't know why I didn't do it earlier, but mid afternoon I checked my diary and there it was ... I had a ticket to see the screening of Andre Rieu's 2019 Maastricht concert at 6 pm. I knew I was going but in my mind it wasn't until today (Sunday). Seeing it in the diary I remembered changing the venue as the tickets were cheaper and I'd had to book the Saturday instead. Still no harm done, and I thoroughly enjoyed the concert. I know Andre Rieu isn't to everyone's liking but it was just what I needed yesterday and raised my spirits.

That feeling has stayed with me on waking today. I've been out for an early morning walk already and ... well, that's probably most of my energy used up for the day! I need to do a little weeding and some deadheading in the garden and, as soon as I finish this post, I'll put the final load of washing in and will start a lentil and veggie concoction in the slow cooker. Then it'll be a pottering about the home sort of day with plenty of reading, maybe a nap or two, and ... who knows what else! 

Comments

  1. He's not really my thing but he puts on a darn good show, the music is always great and I'm so glad you reemembered.
    It sounds like a lovely day - have a good and restful time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you remembered it in time! It would have been a shame to have missed it! I'm glad you enjoyed the concert.

    I hope you have a lovely day. Pottering about the house and garden sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Sunday. I'm not sure what my plans are for Sunday; I might be meeting a friend (she had called and left a message while I was out, saying she'll call me in the morning).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a live screening of the concert in cinemas around the world. I'm sure it'll be shown again but I am glad I remembered in time. It was a good night's entertainment.

      I hope your Sunday went well. I ran out of energy early on so spent most of the day reading and then watching the Proms on TV.

      Delete
  3. I am not familiar with Andre, but a concert is always inspiring. I enjoy all types of music so will try most anything given the opportunity. So glad that you got the benefit both days from it. A day of pottering with meals from the crockpot sounds like a winner to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His concert are always feel good, fun events. We discovered them on Sky Arts TV when my late partner was ill and spent many happy hours just forgetting the stress of real life for a couple of hours while watching his orchestra. I have lots of happy memories from that time all tied up with the music from these concerts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts