Wednesday

I'm off to Bristol TV Studios later to watch a recording of the Tipping Point game show. It's the special edition version where the contestants are celebrities so I'm hoping it will be people I recognise/have heard of!

I met up with J for lunch yesterday to hear all about her holiday, a cruise around the Scottish Islands. We met in the Sainsburys cafe as she has lots of work to catch up on so wanted a quick lunch, and on the way out of the store I saw this hydrangea and treated myself ...


... it had been reduced to £3 for some reason but it looks healthy enough and is just want I want to go over in the big bed behind the garage. I was planning to get a white one but there was only the choice of blue or pink, so pink it is. It was bone dry so is currently soaking in the shade and I'll plant it later on this evening when the heat has gone out of the day.

Operation Garden is back on for this Sunday. My nephew is coming round to deal with the membrane and the gravel so before then I will do my best to get on top of the weed problem; I had a quick look round this morning and it's not as bad as I was thinking so I should be able to cope with it myself. I'm planning to do an early morning session and another later in the evening when it's not quite so hot and anything I can't get done will be finished on Sunday. My nephew's children are coming to help on Sunday, Little Misses C and H, so I will ask them to wash the garden furniture for me - I bet they turn it into a water fight!

I checked through my bedroom and the en-suite yesterday for things I no longer want but didn't find anything at all so that was a good start, and reassuring that my recent sort through of clothes was done properly! The bathroom and smallest bedroom are the next to be done but that will be later in the week.

I'm off now to get my breakfast and check my emails. Hope you all have a good day, whatever you plan to do.

Comments

  1. Have a wonderful time at Tipping Poun and I'm glad O G is back on again. It sounds like fun.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it'll be good to have to garden finished to the stage where ongoing maintenance is easier.

      Delete
  2. I hope you have fun watching the recording of the show! The plant looks lovely and I hope it does well in your garden. I'm glad your nephew and his daughters are coming to help you with the garden. Sounds like you did a thorough job with your earlier decluttering! I've a bit more to go (a bit? Make that a lot! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me six years to get to this stage so I'm relieved to be on top of it all now ... well, nearly on top of it all!

      Delete
  3. I saw these hydrangeas in Sainsbury yesterday but they were a little more than your bargain price of £3 and it does look healthy enough and if they have dried out a bit you can normally bring them back round with a bit of TLC. I planted two Annabelle Hydrangeas earlier this year and one in particular has gotten a little battered by the wind but as you have to cut them back in the spring I'm hoping that it may come back a bit bigger and stronger next year. Sounds like you're going to have fun at the weekend with your nephew and his family all coming over to give you a hand in the garden, hope the weather stays fine for you.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty plant. What a deal! I chuckled about you calling the garden work Operation Garden. Company of family & the work getting done, what a good combination. Hope Tipping Point is a star studded event.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts