Wednesday


Best laid plan and all that ...

In the end I didn't get to the skip and the charity shop yesterday, so I still have that to do later in the week. The texts and phone calls started just before 8 am. The first one was to cancel the arrangement for the evening which was to meet up with Sue and Julie, as Sue is off on a last minute holiday and this was followed very swiftly by a phone call from friends asking if I was in and could they call in to see me on their way back home to London from Plymouth. They offered to bring cake so of course I said yes! We did our teacher training together many moons ago and I don't get to see them very often so this was a lovely surprise. They stayed until about 3 pm and I was just thinking that I could go over to Julie's when the phone rang again, asking if I wanted to join K and L on a picnic ... so I did. I got home from that at about 9 pm and phoned Julie for a chat and to rearrange when we are meeting up.

So that was my yesterday! Today it's all about the band. I have the banking to do and then I'm meeting with the band secretary at 11 am to make sure we are singing from the same hymn sheet before we meet with the new director of the Town Hall to try to resolve a huge issue that affects the band.

I have no other plans for today except to relax ... the heat is sapping my energy and I don't feel much like doing anything. I was supposed to be doing some shopping but have ordered an online delivery instead so I will be able to get my meals organised once it is delivered later in the week.

Comments

  1. I would suggest leaving the tip stuff until this heat breaks, to be honest. It's too hot for that sort of thing.
    Good luck with your band work; I hope you are able to resolve the problem.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right - I'll leave all the skip and charity shop stuff until it cools down again.

      Sadly the band issue hasn't been resolved and has now escalated. We have to call a committee meeting during the summer break as the issue is too serious to leave.

      Delete
  2. I've been hearing about the heatwave you are experiencing, although I wasn't sure if you were affected by it (they were talking about London having record breaking heat). Take it easy when it is so hot. Sounds like you had a fun day, yesterday, with friends calling and bringing you cake and inviting you to picnics! Friends and food are a good combination, I think! :) Hope your day goes well, today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much too hot for me so I won't be venturing outside in the middle of the day until the temperature drops. I don't know how you cope with it!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes the unplanned things can be the most fun. An afternoon picnic sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day, catching up with friends I don't see very often and laughing about our training days back in our youth.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely day spent with friends, it's always fun when unexpected meetings happen. I hope you've managed to get a bit of relaxation in today, this heat is sapping my energy too, I just don't feel like doing anything, and it's set to be even hotter tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a relaxing afternoon and I don't plan on doing much at all while this heatwave continues. I've decided that everything else can wait for cooler days!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts