Saturday

Lots of excitement at band today as we practised in the parish church instead of our usual venue. All of the children have played in the church before though always as part of a church service, but you would have thought it was their first time with all the fussing! It took longer than it should to get organised, settle them down and start playing but, oh it was worth it. The acoustics in the building are amazing ... perfect for a brass band.


I've had my lunch (omelette with salad followed by a pear) and once I've finished this post will be pottering in the garden. I hope to get all the weeding done today and then tomorrow I can do some tidying in the garden end of the garage ... there's a car load of stuff to take to the skip which I'd like to get rid of. Then, assuming I have cleared enough space, I want to start photographing the tubas and trombones I'm storing for the band so another committee member can advertise them for sale. 

I'm looking forward to a quiet evening and an early night. I was invited to a meal in Bristol with friends but declined as it'll be a late night and I don't fancy the hour long drive home in the early hours of the morning. Anyway it's the Last Night of the Proms on TV and I want to watch it.

Comments

  1. Drat. I forgot to set the box to record the Last Night. Oh well, it'll be on iPlayer, I am sure.
    Have a lovely day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went the Proms on the last night once, seated rather than standing at the front. It was such an amazing atmosphere and a night to remember. I hope you manage to see it on iPlayer, and also enjoy the rest of your weekend with your dad.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure I will. LUcky you that have actually attended the Last Night. The atmosphere comes over on the screen so it must be truly electric in reality!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely church! It sounds like a busy day so I hope you get some relaxing time tonight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a lovely day and I had a chance to relax watching the Last Night of the Proms this evening.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a busy morning! That is a beautiful church! I hope you get the gardening done and enjoy your evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The practice went really well ... playing in the church always makes us sound good! I did most of the weeding, just the front garden to finish on Monday. I enjoyed the Proms programme, thanks.

      Delete
  4. Lovely church. Glad it was a good rehearsal.
    I am watching the Last Night as I type. I too went in person some years ago and like you, loved the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The church is beautiful. I used to sing in the choir when I was about nine years old, so lots of happy times associated with this church.

      What did you think of the Proms tonight? I can't say the soprano was my favourite this year, but the programme was a good substitute for actually being there.

      Delete
    2. I thought the mezzo was good, and I loved how obviously happy she was to be there, and embraced the occasion, but I didn't buy into the way they kept hyping her up. She wasn't THAT terrific!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts