Thursday


I must have been more tired than I thought as I slept in this morning, finally waking at 11:30ish. I'm putting this down to a combination of being unfit (so the workshops tired me more then they should have done) and the fact that I still have the cold so am physically under the weather even though I am feeling much better than when it first started.

I been out in the garden to have a look around and I need to have another weeding session. All the rain we've been having is lovely but it does encourage the weeds to show their heads.  I think that will be a weekend job. 

At the moment I'm in the playroom; I've just finished writing references for two ex pupils and am now catching up with a few odds and ends of band admin, but I'll soon be finished and will be going downstairs for a late lunch and then ... who knows?

I want to do a bit of piano practice and need to go to the local shop as I've run out of washing up liquid and the dirty dishes are piling up! I can't be bothered to drive into town so will either have to pay the extortionate prices of the local shop or leave the washing up until I get to town either tomorrow or Saturday. I have other bits of shopping that I'd planned to do today but they can wait.

I have that sort of 'muzzy' head where I've probably had too much sleep and now can't concentrate for long. The references have taken much longer than they should have done and I feel like I need a nap! I need to pull myself together, so maybe a walk and a good dose of fresh air is what I need. It's perfect walking weather - a bright warm day, a fresh breeze and no rain - so if I can summon up the energy I'll take myself off to walk along the towpath just to get some fresh air and clear my head.

Comments

  1. A nice walk in the fresh air sounds just the ticket. It's probably done you the world of good and I hope you feel much sharper now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, thanks. I think the cold has affected me more than I thought so need to pace myself. I'm on the mend though xx

      Delete
  2. Maybe three workshops in one day were too much, especially when you are still recovering from your cold. Did you get the dish washing liquid? Personally, I'd wait until I went to town, as that would be a good excuse to not do the dishes! :D When I was a child, we didn't have dish washing liquid; we used an all-purpose bar soap for washing dishes (and clothes, too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to accept the days and times from the schools so I can't avoid the three workshops on some days. It's usually tiring but not as bad as it was this time, which I'm certain is down to the cold.

      No I didn't get the washing liquid as it was three times the price it would be in town and I refuse to pay that sort of money. The dishes can wait! I think we used to have some sort of powder for washing dishes but I can't remember exactly what it was.

      Delete
  3. I've said it before, colds take over the whole body ... I do hope with sufficient rest, good sleep, some tasty food along with some fresh air, you'll be right as rain by the weekend. That pale pink rose is stunning, what a great angle for the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's yet another rose that is supposed to be pure white but starts out a very pale pink towards the centre. I love it though!

      Yes, I hoping by the end of the weekend I will have seen the last of this cold. I'm having another resting day at home.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts