Saturday


The stack of instruments have been put back in storage and I have reclaimed my hallway and music room. I like the space ... having to squeeze past the instruments gets me down. I've enjoyed having the plain white walls but it's time to start thinking about what I want on the walls. I measured up for the frames some time ago so now just have to decide on the actual photos ... my next project!

I had three new starters today. Two are still in year 2, so a year younger than we usually start them but they have family members in the band so an exception has been made for them ( as a sort of trial). The third one is year 3, so the correct age, and his mum learned to play in the band as a child. It's unusual to have such a small group and also to have all three with brass players at home to support their learning so I think they will pick it up very quickly. All three of them are very lively so it's going to be a fun year!

I didn't sleep too well last night and developed a headache as the morning went on so after a quick lunch I went back to bed. A couple of hours later and I'm feeling much more human again. I have a busy week ahead of me so the rest of this weekend will be as quiet as possible to recharge the batteries. 'The Hitman's Bodyguard' is on TV tonight so I'm looking forward to seeing that ... I really enjoyed it when I saw it in the cinema on its release two years ago, a very funny film. The rest of my time will be filled with good food, a good book, some piano playing, and just generally excelling at doing as little as possible!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you were able to go back to bed and rest. Hope the headache has gone away. Yay, you have your next project! Sounds like a fun project, too. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos you select. By the way, we had a little rain, this morning, so I don't have rain envy, anymore! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the headache has gone thanks. I'm thinking about photos of autumn leaves but it'll all depend on the weather. The rain is too heavy to think about going out looking for photo possibilities. At the moment, it's raining so hard that I've had to turn up the volume on the TV! I'm glad to hear you've had some rain though x

      Delete
  2. How odd. I slept really well for once but had to get up far too early for a Saturday. Totally lightheaded all morning and also with threat of headache. Unfortunately unable to go to bed but plenty of fluids seemed to do the trick. Glad you kept it at bay too.
    PS. Quite a bit of rain last week, and it's chucking it down now, so your boasting is now wasted on me! 😜
    PPS. Never knew you could wash brass instruments in [what looks like] Fairy liquid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the headache may have been down to the weather. It's building up for another thunderstorm and the ache behind my eyes is back with a vengeance so the sooner the storm breaks, the better. I think we're in for a bad winter - we have flood warnings already.

      Yes, you need a bit of soap in the water when washing a brass instrument. I either use washing up liquid or hand soap.

      Delete
  3. SO glad the headache has disappeared and also that the instrumantal clutter has vanioshed and you have your space back. I like the key holder in the photo.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to the joy of clear floor space too. Although I have no excuse as good as yours as to why mine are cluttered at the moment. It would take a whole blog post to explain, but I'm not sure I want to. I hope your newcomer continue to show promise as well as personality. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts