Sunday

It's 10:49am and I've just dragged myself out of bed. Something I ate yesterday didn't agree with me and I've spent a good part of the night in the bathroom. I still feel nauseous but am over the worst thankfully, but I think it will be a jimjam day today. I've eaten some dry toast which should settle my stomach (and has allowed me to take my medication) and am now sipping some boiled water. 

Band went well yesterday. One of the best things about the first day back is hearing all their news ... music exams passed (piano and singing by the two sisters), all about changes of classes and new teachers (all the children), change of schools (one girl and one adult teacher), holidays (most people), new pet (one girl), and birthdays celebrated (two children). Attendance for the first week back was good though it was obvious that very little practice had been done during the break! The first week back is always a case of 'let's see how much you remember', but they soon settle back in to it and, after playing a few pieces realise that they haven't really forgotten anything. The first couple of pieces were very painful to listen to though, more of a free for all rather than playing in time!!

This week and for the rest of the month I will be running workshops in some of the local primary schools in the hope of gaining some new band members. I have seven sessions booked and will contact three more schools tomorrow to see if they are interested. I do this every year so will only see the new year 3s as I will have seen all the older children in previous years. These instruments are stacked in my hall and will be taking up space for the rest of the month!


I start the private lessons tomorrow. One boy has stopped lessons but is continuing with band so I will look for a replacement next week. I'm not surprised as he never practiced but I'm pleased that he is staying with the band.

There's another committee meeting tomorrow night, and thinking about it ... my whole month is tied up with the band on one way or another. So, a music filled month ahead ... sounds like my sort of month!!

Comments

  1. It sounds busy and most satisfying. Good luck with the Y3 workshops; I'm suire they will go really well.

    Take care though - whatever you had overnight sounds pretty unpleasant and I hope you are able to rest and regain strength today.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have admin tomorrow and Tuesday so I hope to be well and truly better by the time the workshops start on Wednesday. They are spread
      out over three weeks and are hard work so this will allow plenty of time for rest in between. That's the plan anyway!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about last; glad you are feeling a little better, today. Yes, toast and crackers will help.

    It sounds like band will keep you busy all month! Take it easy if you need to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts