Wednesday


I went to the new afternoon film club yesterday and am happy to say that I have another monthly event to add to my diary. The film club is organised by a local retirement home in partnership with with the local council but it is open to the community and everyone is welcome. The films to be shown have all recently done the rounds of the cinemas and have been chosen by the residents of the retirement home. It's a dementia friendly and fully accessible event, so the hall was set up with tiered seats at the back and tables at the front. There were quite a few younger people there with their carers which was good to see, and everyone was friendly and ready to chat. It's a cheap event as well - £4.50 to pay and that price includes a tea/coffee and cake when you arrive and the same again during the interval. Oh, and I loved the film as well - Fisherman's Friends, which I'd missed when it was in the cinema.

Today, well I don't know what I'll be doing. Definitely a short walk, some music practice, and I'm meeting S for coffee this afternoon but apart from that ... I don't know! There's nothing requiring my immediate attention so I may go out if it stays dry ...take my camera for a walk and see what I can find to photograph.

Comments

  1. That's good, it sounds like a great addition to your schedule.
    Your rain arrived overnight!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did wonder how it would be organised as they've made a big deal about it being dementia friendly, but it was a pleasant relaxed afternoon with plenty of friendly people all ready to chat.

      Yes it's very soggy so no gardening today!

      Delete
  2. What a great venue for a film, everyone can enjoy. It sounds like a good day where The Universe has some space to present you with maybe an exciting adventure ... fingers crossed. Happy Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so well organised and nobody was rushing about. The organiser had time for everyone and it was generally a calming experience. The fact that the film was good was a bonus.

      Delete
  3. Hello Eileen
    It's very good that these nursing homes have these movie screenings for the patients and also open to the outside. It provides good conviviality for all.
    Your roses are very beautiful.
    I hope you have a nice walk with many photos.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get out with my camera today. I spent too long talking with S so ran out of time, and now it's trying to rain again. Maybe tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed Fisherman's Friends too. Saw it a couple of months ago ... however I paid 50p more than you, and didn't get two coffees and two slices of cake. (Please tell me it was bought cake.)
    Stop boasting about your rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was homemade cakes. 😁

      It's raining as I type 😁

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a lovely day! One of the libraries in the adjoining city is hosting free movie screenings. They will be showing "Rocket Man" next week at one location (evening showing) and "A Dog's Journey" at another branch, later in the month (afternoon showing). I am not much of a movie fan, but, I might make the effort to go, just for some free entertainment and getting out and about. I don't anticipate there will be any coffee and cake, though! :D

    Rain - what is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that wet stuff that falls out of the sky 😂

      Free screenings sound too good to miss. I've seen Rocket Man but this new group us showing it again in two months so I will probably watch it again. I prefer the afternoon screenings if it's not in my home town then there's no stress about getting home later at night.

      Delete
  6. I like the sound of that club, maybe I'll join you when I'm back in the area x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll be good. Any progress on the move?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts