Wednesday

I'm shattered! I've visited two schools today and run three workshops with 30 seven year old children in each workshops. It's been a noisy, but fun day and hopefully some of them will be interested enough to join the band.

The second school was so hot it was unbearable. The engineers are sorting out a problem with the heating system so the heating is on and turned up high with all windows and doors open. 

I'm home now and the first thing I did was to jump in the shower and cool down. I didn't have any plans for this evening but it seems friends are coming to see me ... as they've suggested treating me to an Indian meal, I'll welcome them with open arms!!

Until they get here I'll read for a while and enjoy the peace and quiet ... much appreciated after the noise of the workshops!


Comments

  1. What a wonderful way to finish off a hectic day ... time to read, friends who come baring gifts of food. I must admit to cringing just a bit when you said 30 - 7 year olds! That would be noisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only ten playing the instruments at a time so not too bad. All 30 have a go by the time we finish.

      The meal was a lovely surprise and much enjoyed.

      Delete
  2. Hello Eileen,
    Although tiring, your music work with the kids is beautiful!
    I hope you have a good time with friends soon.
    Good reading.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a lovely day ... music making with the kids and a lovely meal with friends x

      Delete
  3. I'm sure the workshops have been highly successful although what a nightmare re the heating problems. Have a lovely relaxing evening with your friends.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hot I thought I was going to faint at one stage! I didn't but I had a dodgy few moments, overcome by plenty of water and sitting down for a while.

      Tonight's meal was lovely, thanks x

      Delete
  4. No wonder you are shattered! I am glad you are able to relax in the evening, with time to read and dinner with friends. Hope you get to stay home and rest, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made sure I have a couple of days between the workshops. The next one isn't until Monday afternoon, so I have plenty of time to rest up. Tomorrow I have to do a bit of shopping but that's all I have planned.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts