Friday

It's definitely a day for catching up with a few household chores (morning) and then reading and relaxing (afternoon and evening). 

'A' (cleaner) will be here soon so that's the bulk of the cleaning sorted. I have one load of bedding drying and another load to dry as soon as the machine is empty, and then all the towels to do and that will be all the household linen dealt with. I can probably get away without ironing the bedding as it's 'easy care' and usually comes out of the tumble dryer wrinkle free. It's going straight back on the bed this time as it's lovely and soft ... my current favourite set!

I'm in the midst of creating a shopping list in preparation for a couple of bulk cooking sessions. I have a couple of new recipes for curries I'd like to try out and, as we are moving into autumn, I fancy some of my favourite comfort food meals. I have plenty in the freezer at present so I doubt I'll get round to doing the shopping and cooking until after I've finished the workshops. I have enough on at the moment without adding to my workload 

After lunch (probably beans on toast, followed by fresh fruit salad), I will settle down to do some music practice, then lose myself in a book. 

Today's photo was taken of my view from the sofa after a few minutes of mindfulness earlier this morning ... that's why it's wonky!



Comments

  1. Lost in a books sounds like a delightful way to spend the rest of the afternoon. You sound as though you are feeling much better. Your living room looks like a restful place to do your mindful practice. Any further thoughts on mindful walks? Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling much better today thanks. The mindfulness walks are on the back burner for the time being as I am overloaded with band related things, but they are still something I intend to do. The weather is a factor as well so they may not happen until spring now!

      Delete
  2. It soubnds a wonderful day . . . have a splendid time with the book.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the mistake of switching on the TV so am currently watching mind numbing daytime TV 😂

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to read that you are feeling better, today, Eileen. I like your plans for the day. Your living room is a very sunny and spacious. A very peaceful looking room.

    I hope you have a lovely day and a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect room to relax in which is what I was aiming for when I had all the improvements done.

      I've had a lovely day today thanks Bless.

      Delete
  4. I like the shadows you've captured on the carpet.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts