Friday

I slept in this morning and am now regretting it as I have lots to do today. At the moment I'm in the playroom and have taken a break from catching up with admin to write this post. The photos were all taken yesterday at The Courts Garden showing some of the sculptures ... difficult to photograph stainless steel in bright sunlight so please excuse the strange editing on some of them!



When I finish this I'll pop to town for some bits and bobs of shopping which should keep me busy until lunch time and then this afternoon I hope to do a bit more tidying, either back garden or garage. Really it should be the garden but I don't fancy another day in bright sunshine so unless it clouds over, then I'll be tackling the garage.




Early evening I will be out for another walk along the canal towpath. At the moment this is fitting nicely into my daily routine and I'm hoping it is something I can keep doing during the colder months. Actually, it's not the cold that stops me, it the fear of slipping when it's frosty and icy but that's a while away yet so for now the evening walk is a lovely way of winding down from the busyness and stresses of the day.



I've been reading up about shinrin yoku. A couple of years ago I went on one of these walks, organised as part of an arts week, and loved it. On that walk we were encouraged to take a sketchpad and record parts of the day and every time I see the sketchbook in the cupboard I am reminded just how much I loved the experience. There doesn't appear to be anything happening locally but I have found a couple of affordable walks that I'm considering. One requires an overnight stay and the other seems to be as part of a long weekend holiday but I'm in the early stages of planning so there may be others. It's definitely on the list though!



Tonight a friend was supposed to be coming round but she has been poorly all week so I don't expect to see her. Instead I may do some more family tree research, obviously some more reading, and maybe watch a couple more episodes of 'Friends'.



Then it'll be another early night. I've been going up to bed between 9 pm and 10 pm and reading for a while before I turn out the lights, and I feel it is making a slight difference to my energy levels. 

Comments

  1. The flower seed head sculptures are really lovely Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya. It was an interesting exhibition and I do like to see the sculptures dotted about the gardens.

      Delete
  2. I like all the sculptures & the first one reminds me of the corn ripening in the field behind. Happy weekend Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was an amazing sculpture of fish reflecting in the pond but with the bright sun and the light on the water, I couldn't get a good photo of it. It would have been brilliant for the hunt! Hope you have a good weekend too.

      Delete
  3. I really love some of those sculptures. Stunning.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to go back again and am hoping for a cloudy day so I can get some more photos

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos! That last one is my favorite, I think. It all looks so green! I hope your day has gone smoothly and you have a lovely, relaxed evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely day (yesterday) thanks Bless. I didn't get much tidying done in the garage but I made a start at least.

      Delete
  5. Lovely sculptures! I love walking. The canal path sounds like it would be a lovely walk. I agree that it's not the cold but the ice that bothers me. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely place to walk and is well used by locals.

      I have the problem of painful knees so the thought of slipping and twisting my knee and not being able to walk is a constant worry during the colder months.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts