Monday

A mindfulness interlude on a warm and sunny Sunday morning - a gentle breeze but still warm enough to sit out on the patio with a cold drink appreciating the sights and sounds of all that's going on around me.


Sights ...
  • the autumn colours, hinting that it's the end of the summer
  • shadows dancing across the patio
  • a tiny green beetle making its way across the patio
  • busy bees on the flowers
  • a spider waiting patiently on its web
  • fallen leaves and petals under the roses
  • the blur of a bird flying away. It may have been a robin but it was too quick to see it properly
  • a beautiful blue sky and fluffy white clouds
  • Sammy, my neighbour's ginger and white cat, taking a short cut across the garden

Sounds ...

Close by I can hear:
  • bees buzzing around the flowers
  • the rattle of the living room vertical blinds moving in the breeze
  • the rustling of leaves in the breeze
  • the creaking of the roof on next door's conservatory

In the distance I can hear:
  • an airplane flying overhead
  • someone sawing and hammering
  • very faintly, a siren sounding at the cereal factory that's on the other side of the village
  • a peal of bells. The breeze must be in the right direction as I can't usually hear them but I think it's the parish church where we held band practice yesterday

Considering I live in the middle of an estate, I'm surprised that I didn't hear any voices, radios, dogs barking, cars, trains, or cheering from the sports field - the home team must have an away match this week!

***************

This afternoon I'm visiting another school to run one workshop with about 30 year 3s. One of the teachers in this school is a fellow band member (I used to teach her when she was a child 😊) and the Headteacher has released her from her own class to help me run the workshop, which is brilliant and will make for a much easier afternoon.

Then it'll be back home for the private lessons, and if I have any energy left I may try out a new singing group this evening but I'll tell you more about that once I've joined. It all depends on how I feel so may have to wait until I've completed all the workshops in two weeks time.

Comments

  1. I like the idea of a mindfulness interlude! I might copy you! You have created a lovely spot in which to spend a mindful interlude!

    Good luck with the workshop! I am glad you'll have someone to help you, this time. Hope you won't be too tired for the private lessons, afterwards. The singing group sounds like a great activity, too! Hope you are able to go and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the mindfulness interlude quite often, always staying seated and trying to clear my mind to be aware of my surroundings. I find it gets easier the more I do it, and it helps me to reduce feelings if stress. I hope it works for you too.

      I'm glad I had help with the workshop as the kids were quite rowdy, so it just felt like crowd control at times!

      Delete
  2. How nice to get out in the sunshine & enjoy your patio, especially since you put so much effort into being able to do this. I like your photo of the dancing shadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel I haven't enjoyed the garden as much as I had hoped this year, so I am making time to sit out while we're having the last few warm days of summer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts