Saturday

In the end yesterday, I started sorting out another box from the music room, sitting in the hallway accompanied by the distant booms of the big guns firing on Salisbury Plain - the military must have had a huge exercise on. It's only the second time I've heard the sound of the guns since I moved to this house but we used to hear them regularly in my previous home. 

I chose the biggest box, working on the theory that it'll make it look like I've done a lot once that box is gone! It was mostly things for charity shop so I'll be able to take it all in some time next week. I still have a bit to do to finish that box so that'll be a task for Monday.

I'm in weekend mode now. There's no band practice today as it's half term but I've spent the morning playing at home. My regular practice has slipped a little through feeling poorly and having workmen around, so I want to get back to it. When I was looking through my music to look for pieces for the children who will be having lessons with me, I found a book of the songs from Les Miserables that I'd forgotten about, so I've been playing through them and thoroughly enjoying myself. If I'm really honest, I've just been playing rather than practicing but I've decided it all counts so I'll be moving on to Disney next!


At some time this weekend I hope to borrow Lauren for an hour or so to model for some photos but it all depends on whether we can find a mutually agreeable time ... she's busy and I need to do the photos while the light is good, so it may not happen and if that's the case, I'll have to rethink the photos I need. 

I still have some admin to finish off but it's the weekend so that'll be my first task on Monday. The rest of the weekend will be a 'pottering about, me time' sort of weekend. I don't have any firm plans but have had a few thought about the things I'd like to do, or I could just do nothing ... I'll see how the mood take me!

Comments

  1. I think playing is practising - sort of. Part of practising anyway. If it's been a while, it's the best way to get the old fingers, breathing, articulation, etc, back in form again. And it's just fun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely had fun but can't really count it as practice in the true sense as I didn't do anything to correct errors and/or fluffed notes. I just played through and ignored any less than perfect parts 😂😂

      Delete
  2. Boa tarde Eileen,
    Trabalhar com música deve ser muito pacificante e ensinar crianças uma benção!
    Abraços e bom fim de semana.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation: Good afternoon Eileen, Working with music should be very pacifying and teaching children a blessing! Hugs and a good weekend. Ailime

      It certainly is, Ailime. I consider myself lucky to have the opportunity to work with children.

      Delete
  3. I think spending a Saturday morning playing music sounds like a lovely way to start the weekend! Last night, I was looking at the piano and thinking I haven't played in a long time and whatever happened to my plans to brush up on my piano skills? I hope you have a wonderful weekend, relaxing and "pottering around".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble with those sort of plans is that 'life' gets in the way and it's always the things that gets put on the back burner. I had a lovely time this morning, just playing and amusing myself and will do it again soon. I hope you have a lovely weekend too, Bless x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts