Saturday

This morning was the final band practice before the half term break and tonight it is the band disco ... a freebie for players, siblings, parents and grandparents to thank them for their effort and support, and to get the children together to build friendships without playing music. It will be a good night and I will hear all about it but this is the one event I don't go to - the flashing disco lights are a trigger for migraines, so I leave them to it!

I actually played at practice this morning, and realised just how out of practice I am! Stamina, or lack of it, was the main issue but at least I didn't have any pain in my eyes and I managed the range of notes played today. I haven't played with the band for a while so it was good to get back to the actual playing side rather than doing the admin, sorting, and teaching. On the teaching side of things, quite a few parents are aware that I plan to start teaching again and have asked me for a place for their child. I have a waiting list before I start!

On the way home I stopped in at the Tesco Express to pick up some more bread and eggs. I have everything else in and now will only need to do a quick shop mid week for some fresh vegetables. It's working out to be a cheap month for food.


I feel really sleepy now so I may have to have a nap to get me through the rest of the day. I'm staying in tonight and a friend may be coming round for an hour or so - it's not a firm arrangement and it all depends on how she feels - but one way or the other I think I will be having an early night. 

Comments

  1. I'm very glad and not at all surprised that people are flocking to your tuition opportunities. Good instrumental teachers can be had to finde and they already know and trust you.
    Hoping you slept well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came as a bit of a surprise but I'm trying to be sensible and restrict the teaching to the total number of hours I'd planned to do and not let things run away with me.

      Yes thanks, I did sleep well last night.

      Delete
  2. How lovely to have a waiting list even before you start, teaching! At least, you know that there is a demand for your teaching skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a surprise ... but a good surprise.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts