A 'Feeling Pathetic' Day

I feel better than I did yesterday but am still not right. I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself and have accepted that any effort on my part today is going to fall into the 'pathetic, could do better' category! Being ill when you live alone is the pits. I'm 99% certain it is a virus so have decided against seeing the doctor and will instead rest properly and allow my body to fight whatever it is. If I don't see a real improvement by the end of the week I'll see the doctor then.


So, today and tomorrow will be spent tucked up at home. No sorting, no organising, no work of any sort but plenty of listening to my body and sleeping/eating/drinking as needed. I have to go out on Wednesday (Lauren's graduation do, which I wouldn't miss for the world) and then I have the rest of the week to hide away if necessary. 

I think some much needed rest will make a big difference to how I'm feeling so I'll press 'publish' on this post, turn the heating up a bit, and then settle down on the big sofa for the day. I may even watch some daytime TV!

Comments

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Viruses are beastly,just when you think you are recovered the virus resurfaces. Rest up and save your strength for the graduation 🎓 ceremony. Exciting! Congratulations to your young friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not pathetic at all, it's a horrible feeling and I sympathise very much. It does go but give it time and be kind to yourself, as indeed you are being.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon. Rest up ready for the graduation day. I am resting today too. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon! My husband and son were sick last week while I was gone. A part of me is glad I wasn't here so that I didn't get sick too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are able to rest and feel better, soon. I agree with you - being alone when one is sick is no fun. Keep warm, drink plenty of fluids, and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts