Sunday


A few minute walking around the back garden revealed that the pieris flowers weren't all damaged by the storm last week. It has picked itself back up and is now covered in these tiny pink bell-like flowers. I also found two more snowdrops, so 9 out of the 50 planted have survived.

I didn't finish the book yesterday, not through lack of effort on my part but because of unexpected visitors. Two friends called in to see me on their way home from Plymouth (where we all did our teacher training together), staying for a couple of hours before they continued their journey home to London. It was lovely to see them and catch up with all the news.

So today's aim is to finish the book, do a couple of loads of laundry, use up the rest of the eggs (maybe an omelette for lunch?), and write a reference for an ex-band member. Tomorrow, I have to be at the Royal United Hospital in Bath by 10:00 am for the mammogram so if the weather looks promising I may wander around the city afterwards and try to find some more photo opportunities for the WPSH.

Comments

  1. I still meet up twice a year with five people I was in college with(50plus years ago).We are all still alive,some with medical problems,all still married !Nothing changes.Last year we had a reunion for our residence block and 16 came from all over the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my college friends live abroad so I rarely get to see them but we keep in touch through letters and Facebook.

      Delete
  2. The pieris looks lovely. What a beautiful close-up. As far as I know, mine is white - but no sign of any flowers yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a white flowering one but gave it away as I didn't like the bright orange foliage - it stuck out like a sore thumb in my garden! This one is pieris 'katsura'.

      Delete
  3. How lovely to have friends drop in for a visit! Your flowers are beautiful! Hope you have a restful day, today, and hope the mammogram goes well, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely surprise. They travel quite a lot now so I don't get to see them as often as I once did.

      The mammogram went smoothly and I'll get the results within the next month - I'm not expecting bad news though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts