Wednesday


The Slimming World (SW) starter pack arrived yesterday so I think they were being rather cautious when advising that delivery would be on Friday! I've read it through and think I understand it, but will read through again to be on the safe side. On the first read through my understanding of the SW plan differs from something that was stated in one of the Facebook groups that I joined, so I need to clarify that as soon as possible - it may be a case of someone stating their own interpretation as being fact.

Today get's busier as the day progresses. I have nothing planned for this morning, but will need to be at home to accept the ASDA delivery at lunchtime. Then nothing planned until 5 pm when I have one lesson to deliver to the girl who initially persuaded me to start teaching again but who can't change to the Monday timetable until after Easter. At some stage during the day I will get round to taking some photos of things I want to sell and will continue to sort through the boxes in the music room.

Tonight it's our Girls' Night In. Three friends are coming here, we'll order a takeaway and watch our chosen film, which this time is Brassed Off. I've seen the film before, more than once, but am really looking forward to watching it again ... all that brass band music, what's not to like?

Comments

  1. Do ask if there's any questions. If I don't know, I will say I don't.
    Have a lovely girls' night.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy ... you may regret saying that! My confusion is to do with the third of a plate of speed foods. I've taken that to mean that one third of what you are eating at the meal should be speed foods but the speed foods could be incorporated in, for example, a casserole or added to a chilli. In the FB group someone posted a photo of her meal where she had done just that and she'd said that over half of her meal was speed foods but she was criticised for doing that. The other person said that no matter how much speed was in the casserole you still had to add a third of a plate of other speed foods. This approach seems to contradict the message given in SW's own photos of examples of meals as they don't always show a separate portion of speed foods.

      Signed Bewildered of Trowbridge 😂

      Delete
    2. I reckon it's around a third of speed, however you have it, either as a side or incorporated into the meal (as in a curry or a chilli). To be honest, I don't fret about the 'third' thing at all. I go along with the idea that more veg is good but, above all, it's balance over time. It's not always possible to have that much speed anyway.
      Have a good look through the recipes on the site and you'll soon get the idea of roughly what is expected.
      If you're worried, you can always toss in a side salad!

      For example, this evening I'm having a curry and in that curry there's onion, red pepper, mushrooms and a can of chopped tomatoes to go with the chicken breasts (2). Taken overall, more speed than protein but that's fine, it will make a jolly good meal, low fat, healthy, tasty and satisfying (with some rice on the side). There's no way I'm ging to boil up some sprouts or cabbage to have with it!

      Does that help? xx

      Delete
  2. With all that info it looks like you are off to a good start with S/W. I agree with Joy's comments about asking questions, it's important that the program work for you. Hope you have fun with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to tonight. So far each film night has been a success and it's something to look forward to each month.

      Delete
  3. Go glad you received the SW starter pack earlier than promised. I hope you are able to get answers to your questions and get started on the new diet. I checked out a few recipes online, but, it looks like they allow starchy foods like pasta and potatoes. I would like a diet like that! But, it won't work for someone like me who has been told to cut back on the starchy foods! But, I am looking forward to reading more about what you will be eating, etc., as you start on the program. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. I'm still puzzling my way through it and think I will have to do a bit more shopping for the 'right' things before I start properly. For now, I'm just concentrating on suitable breakfasts to set me up for the day.

      Delete
    2. You can have starchy food but really moderation is the name of the game and you don't HAVE to, you can follow the plan without starchy stuff. In fact, if you are doing an SP week (or day), you don't have starchy stuff anyway.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I follow Slimming World too, and reckon it doesn't matter whether the speed is incorporated (e.g a curry or spag bol) or is on the side (e.g. meat, potatoes and veg). What does matter is that every time you eat, one third should be speed food. They don't want you to be eating a main meal without speed foods and then 'balancing' it with speed food at another time. The aim is to replace one third of your 'old' diet with fruit and veg which are lower in calories than other free foods.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts