Tuesday

Those of you who read yesterday's post will know that I've resumed teaching. It's just a few private music lessons and yesterday was the first day and .... I loved it. It was an easy start with just two lessons to deliver but both children had 'eureka' moments which was fantastic, and they finished their respective lessons feeling more confident and keen to do more. It's going to be fun for all of us!

Today is all about preparation. I've receive notification that the Slimming World (SW) starters pack has been dispatched so I should receive that by Friday. Since I made the decision to try the SW approach I've been checking out various SW recipes online and today I have placed an food order for deliver tomorrow. I'm also printing out a selection of the recipes I'm interested in trying out. I'm ready to start!


I've also had a phone call from the cleaning company manager to say that she'll bring my designated cleaner to meet me on Friday and cleaning sessions will be once a fortnight from then. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works out but I can't see any reason why it won't, and it will definitely help me keep the house in order.

I'll be continuing with sorting the boxes in the music room this afternoon. My aim is to open every box to find the old audio equipment and cameras so I can email the local company who buy this sort of thing to see if they are interested. If they are, this will clear a significant amount of space in the room so again, it's fingers crossed that this works out. 

This evening I'm staying home and hope for another early night. I'm much better but still tire more quickly than I'd like, so it's still a case of plenty of rest. I no longer feel the need to go back to bed during the day so that's a big step forward!

Comments

  1. Yeah for the student time. As a fellow teacher (me as an adult educator by training) it is a most wonderful feeling when someone "gets it" & you have helped them go forward. I see that Slimming World has crossed the pond & is now available in Canada. Interested to know more about the recipes you try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look at the Pinch of Nom website. It's packed full of Slimming World recipes and also explains a little about the Slimming World plan.

      Delete
  2. Good old Pinch of Nom - there are some splended recipes there.

    In year one, I used to get a lot of 'lightbulb' moments. There's absolutely nothing quite as satisfying, is there?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant to be part of the moment when something 'clicks'. And you were right, without the school politics, this teaching lark is going to be tremendous fun.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your first day of back to teaching and was able to ease into it with only 2 students. I hope it continues to go well and you find yourself enjoying teaching, again.

    Sounds like lots of things are off to a good start - with the teaching, with the cleaner, with a new diet, etc.

    How was the book club meeting, yesterday? Did others agree with you on the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were split in our opinion of the book. Most liked it but a couple felt the same as me. Interestingly both of the men in the group gave up trying to read it, only the women had read to the end. It's the first time that has happened.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts