A Snow Day!

If I had my grown up head on I'd be in town to do the banking and other important errands. However, I haven't so I'm tucked up in the warm and have decided to call it  'snow day'. 


Most of the local schools have closed and all the children are outside making the most of the snow. I've already had the knock on the door asking if they can have 'my snow' but I haven't seen any snowmen yet. Intriguingly, I've seen several of them heading off in the same direction dragging sleds behind them but the only hills are main roads, so I don't know where they plan to go. A couple of big kids (i.e. the dads) are with them, so I'm sure they'll stay safe.

We'll be making the decision shortly on whether to cancel band practice tomorrow morning. Experience tells us that most players won't turn up if the schools are closed, but I don't think the snow is going to hang about for too long so we may be okay to go ahead.

Comments

  1. I agree with you that it doesn't seem to be a long lasting spell. I expect by tomorrow it will mostly be gone. Lucky kids having a snow day - no such luck round here.

    Are you enjoying your snow day?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am. I'm warm and cosy and have that lovely feeling of being able to make the choice to stay in without knowing that I'd have lessons to make up in the future!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your snow day! I'm glad you decided to take a day off instead of being out in the cold (not to mention potentially slippery roads) doing banking and running errands!

    By the way, is there a Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt link up for January? I'm getting my post ready for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the month of January the kids didn't go back to school until the 7th from Christmas break & have had several snow days along with too cold days off school & then today they had a PD day ... it should be so good for adults to have snow days too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts