Thursday


There are signs of life on the clematis. It probably knows that its days are numbered and that it needs to put on a good show this year if it wants to stay!

I've slept in rather late today, finally forcing myself to get out of bed at 11:30ish. I've had something to eat and drink and am now back in the playroom with the intention of concentrating on the admin type things I need to do for the band. There's enough work outstanding to occupy me for a couple of days but the majority is one-off tasks and once done can be forgotten about. At the moment everything that that needs to be done is constantly on my mind and is causing unnecessary stress, so the next two days, or however long it takes, is all about clearing the backlog. Once done, my future involvement with the band admin will be minimal and easily managed, so that's the stage I need to get to.

Comments

  1. Where there is life, there is hope ... come on Clematis, we are all rooting (no pun intended) for you.

    Some paperwork although necessary can be such a boring task, I play games of inventing treats for myself; after 10 pages of sorting, I have a biscuit with my tea; 10 more pages, I get 20 minutes of glancing through a scrapping magazine ... you get my style of working (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I've made a start on it, it doesn't seem that bad and I don't know why I've been putting it off! It's always the same and I never seem to learn 🤣

      I like your idea of little treats. I always break it down into 20 - 30 minute chunks and say that I'll do 'x, y, z' in this chunk, then have a 10 minute break and so on. Usually once I get started I forget about the time and just work through it, which is what I've done today.

      Delete
  2. Hope your clematis will put on a lovely show, this year!

    Well done on getting started on the paperwork! I need to do some of that myself and keep putting it off! Maybe I'll be inspired by your motivation to get the paperwork done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful colour but it had to be moved, and although it initially seemed to be okay, a lot of it died back last year. Fingers crossed that it does well.

      My motivation is that the financial year ends next month and I have to produce a year end report!

      Delete
  3. I see people growing beautiful clematis but I've never been successful with one myself, I don't think they like my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't get them to grow at the previous house. It must be something to do with the soil quality, but I have no idea what!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts