Wednesday


I'm feeling more like my old self today but am still taking it easy. Lots of reading, mugs of coffee, and a remarkable ability to ignore the need to do some hoovering!

I placed an online grocery order last night and that will be delivered this evening, so I don't have to worry about running out of anything. This means that tomorrow I can start on cooking to refill the freezer, which is starting to look decidedly empty. It won't take much effort as I'm starting off with pea and ham soup which requires very little in the way of preparation. I'll have the ingredients for several more recipes but if I don't have the energy, it can all be frozen to use later. I've ordered a load of salad stuff for easy meals for the rest of the week, so there's no excuse for not eating properly.

J has invited me out to lunch today. I debated whether to go but have decided that it'll do more good than harm so will meet her in the Red Admiral at 1 o'clock. I'm starting to feel a bit low from too much time on my own, so a chat and a catch up will do me good. She knows I've been laid low by a virus but I haven't been coughing or sneezing so she's prepared to take the risk! 

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better, Eileen. Yes, a nice lunch out with a bit of company would be nice. Afterwards, you can come home and relax. Definitely ignore the hoovering! I should vacuum, too, but, I think it can wait another day or two. The dust bunnies will be happy! :D

    Glad you've got the groceries ordered and will be all stocked up, soon. I've never tried ordering groceries online! In hindsight, I probably should have done so when I was undergoing chemo, rather than wait for my daughter to come down and grocery shop for me or ask people to pick up items for me.

    Hope you have a good day and continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some strange reason I find it very easy to ignore any form of housework! I usually only use the online shopping for the basics (where they have to deliver exactly what I've ordered) and go shopping elsewhere for the fresh fruit and veg. This time I added fresh veg to my delivery and the selection I've received is perfectly acceptable, so it's good to know if I ever need to do it again in the future.

      Delete
  2. Very glad to hear that you are on the mend. Online grocery shopping is certainly becoming more & more popular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to avoid actually going in to the store to do a big shop as there is something about the lighting that starts a migraine. We started online shopping when Ced was too poorly to go to the store and it was one thing to lighten the load for me, and I've carried on with it ever since.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts