Friday ...

... and no sign of another migraine, thank goodness. I abandoned all thoughts of going out for a walk as soon as I opened the front door ... much too cold out there! I'm still feeling fragile and there is a limit to what I'll put up with.

I opened the front door when my brother in law arrived with a delivery of books from my sister ... lots of good ones this time so they've all found a home in the bookcase for now. They are having a final tidy up and clear out ready to put their house on the market next week. They're staying in this area but want to downsize properly this time, unlike the last time when they were planning to downsize but ended up buying a larger property to which they added a large extension. I'm waiting, with some amusement, to see what they end up with this time.

I've been looking at various pieces of artwork for the living room walls and have finally found a photographic print of a sea view I like. It's sold in a black wooden frame which I think will look odd in the room, so may want to change that for white or a lighter wood at some time in the future but it will do for now. J is coming round next week to help me move the furniture around and measure up to find which size print will look best. My other plan for the room is to add a floating shelf on the wall above the biggest radiator. I'll need to get someone to do this for me as the wall is the partition wall between the understairs cupboard where the mains electricity gubbins is and I don't want to electrocute myself. If it can't be done I'll go for a radiator shelf instead but they can be a bit wobbly so it would only be done as a last resort.

My National Trust membership pack arrived in the post this morning so I will amuse myself this afternoon by entering the competitions in the magazine. I qualify for a reduced membership rate this year, due to my age and continuous membership for the last five years, so will save 25% amounting to a reduction of £18 a year. I'm banking all of my savings, including those from food bargains, and will put them towards a holiday or theatre ticket in 2021 ... it soon mounts up, I have nearly £100 already and we're still in January!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you're better. It's nice to find art you like for the walls; that can be tricky. It sounds like you're looking ahead to fun in 2021. It's good to have plans for the future :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've been looking for about a year so am pleased to find this image. I think it'll look good in the room. I always aim to have something to look forward to in the diary but I won't start planning for next year until November/December, so plenty of time to save up.

      Delete
  2. Glad to read that you are migraine free today and you've found a print you'd like for your living room. I love how you plan ahead and save up for holidays, etc. That's the way to do it - then, at the end of the year, when you finalize your plans, you have the funds in place and don't have to worry about how you'll pay for it. :) Hope you have a restful day, today, and have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the fortunate position of being debt free and I want it to stay that way so I always save up for everything.

      I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend.

      Delete
  3. Yeah no migraine! Finding the right piece of art for your home I'm sure was a fun search but thankfully now you have one that makes you happy. It took ages for us to find a print we both liked & could stare at & still find something new to see. Matting & frame make such a difference to a print, painting or photo. Generous sisters are a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The print I've chosen reminds me of a place I know well. It will definitely need to be reframed eventually as it's sold in a shadow box frame and I'd prefer it to be framed with a wide mount and a white frame.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts