Friday

I feel awful saying this but I completely forgot that I'm going to a memorial service for a college friend today. Thankfully I remembered last night and managed to get myself organised. This is a scheduled post by the way.

The service is in Weymouth and we may be staying overnight or longer, but I had all those yellow sticker bargains in the fridge which needed to be dealt with so last night I set to and made a start on the bulk cooking. I put a pork casserole in the slow cooker and let it cook overnight, and last night I cooked up all the lamb mince, making shepherds pie, chilli, and Bolognese sauce. I divided the pack of pork loin chops and have frozen them individually, and jointed the large chicken freezing some portions and using the rest to cook a chicken curry in the actifry. Most of the veg has now be used up but the rest will be fine until I get back and the remainder of the meat has gone straight in the freezer for now. 

I'm getting a lift with friends so now don't need to fret about a fridge full of meat and can stay as long as I want. Weymouth is only a 1 hour 40 minutes drive away so we  may come back tonight but if we do decide to stay over, I may not write a post tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Yopu've had a lot going on recently and one can only do so much. You remembered in time, that's the main thing.
    At risk of sounding inappropriate, have a good time and enjoy the time away from home with friends.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The important thing is you remembered in time and were able to get the groceries dealt with until your return. You must have been very busy last night, getting all that cooking done! But, I'm glad you will get a ride with friends and won't have to drive by yourself. Have a safe journey and enjoy the company of friends, even if the occasion itself is a sad one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts