New Year's Day


I celebrated New Year's Eve quietly at home, watching a superb concert on TV of the John Wilson Orchestra celebrating the music of the Warner Brothers' films. I think this was a BBC Proms concert originally shown in 2018 but I missed it then so this was an extra special treat. I stayed up to watch the Graham Norton show because Tom Hanks was one of the guests and he's always fun to listen to, but was in bed and asleep before midnight. Unfortunately I was woken by phone calls and texts wishing me a happy new year and, once that had all died down (there were a lot!!), I was wide awake and couldn't get back to sleep. Next time I'll leave my phone on silent.

We're forecast to have showers throughout the day but I'm hoping to get out for a walk and maybe take some photos. It's been ages since I went out on a photo walk and is something I've missed doing. Today feels like a good day to start again!

This is the last day of my 'holiday' as I want to get back to my weekday routine, starting tomorrow. With that in mind, once I get back from my walk, I'll be watching the New Year's Day Concert live from Vienna this morning, the Sound of Music this afternoon, and The Lion King (the original animated version) this evening. A whole day of glorious music, what's not to like!! Any gaps in this schedule will be filled with food (odds and ends to be finished up), coffee breaks, and reading. It's unlikely I will stray very far from the sofa!

Then a long soak in the bath and an early night. I'll be setting the alarm for the first time in ages. I'm keen to get back to my own particular version of normal!

Comments

  1. It all sounds great, have a wonderful time, but I know exactly what you mean by getting back to normal, whatever that means to each individual. I've had enough and am craving regularity and stability again now.
    Yopu've reminded me to set my recordings for today. Not only are there what you have mentioned above, there's also Oliver and a performance of Romeo and Juliet by the Royal Ballet - and that must is just about my favourite of all, not just the well known suite but all of it. What a great day's music!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Oliver a few days ago but didn't realise the ballet was on so I'll add that to my watch list. Thank you.

      I am so looking forward to getting back in the swing of things. The tiredness is easing up and I'm ready for all that 2020 brings. Hope you have a good day yourself xx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Eileen! Sounds like you have a lovely day planned! I am going to wait until next week, until after my daughter leaves, to get back to "normal". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to be starting off the year with your daughter at home. I hope you have a lovely time together xx

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Eileen. Normal service sounds delightful! Hope 2020 is a good year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Carole. I think 2020 is going to be exciting and I hope it is the same for you too xx

      Delete
  4. Your day sounds lovely, Eileen.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a lovely day thanks Nil. Happy New Year to you too xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts