Thursday

It's day one of getting back in the routine so I set the alarm for 6:30 am and bounced out of bed when it woke me, bright, cheerful and ready to go. Actually that's a lie ... what really happened is that I hit the snooze button more than once, eventually dragged myself out of bed and into the shower and now, a couple of mugs of coffee later, I am ready to go but only if it is something easy. There may have been some grumpiness as well but I have cheered myself up now!

I'll make a start on the next meal plan today so I have plenty of time to sort out any shopping and bulk cooking requirements. I'll also look through every room and cupboard and bring all the books to the dining room ready to decide which ones to keep. I doubt I'll do the actual sorting today though because I have to do some housework so will hoover the upstairs rooms and change the bedding. At least I was organised last night and remembered to take today's meals out of the freezer so I don't have to worry about cooking ... it's tomato soup for lunch and vegetable curry for dinner. 

That's about it for today. I'm not going out so I could do more cleaning (cue sniggering! ...) or some more decluttering/organising, but I'm trying to slow down and not overdo things so what I don't do today can be done tomorrow. I'll finish the chores by lunchtime at the latest and the rest of the day will be a mixture of family tree research, reading, and maybe watching a film.

Comments

  1. If it's just too big a jump (and I totally understand that), could you set the alarm a bit later, get used to that, then bring it forward a bit?
    You've reminded me that I need to do my meal plans for the week too, thanks.
    Did you enjoy all the telly yesterday?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved all the telly yesterday. Romeo and Juliet was absolutely beautiful - worth watching for the music alone but the setting and the dancing was also wonderful. I enjoyed the Sound of Music, which I hadn't watched properly for years as Ced was proud of the fact that he'd never seen it at all!

      Delete
  2. You should ease into your new routine, Eileen! At least for the rest of this week! I do hope your day goes well and you accomplish the things you want to accomplish. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good. I didn't have a good night's sleep which is why it was difficult this morning but I have been waking naturally at that time and then turning over and letting myself go back to sleep. I completed my list of chores easily and am just about to start on the fun part of the day (it's lunchtime) so the effort of early rising was worth it.

      Delete
  3. I have no problem at all getting up early in spring and summer, but this time of year I struggle to get out of bed before 7.30 or even 8. It worried me at first but now I just go with it....there are still plenty of hours left to get things done.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually wake naturally between 6 and 7 so should be okay with it. In the spring and summer it's even earlier. I've been sleeping in very late due to the pneumonia and will only need to set an alarm until my body adjusts back to my usual routine.

      Hope you have a good day too.

      Delete
  4. I did chuckle at your story vs the reality of your start to the day. Unfortunately I cannot hit a snooze button because my alarm is my two kitty girls - when they need breakfast, no one gets to sleep & last night I forget to check their bowls, so this morning's alarm went off rather early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you remember to check their bowls tonight!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts