Sunday

I was planning on a quiet day today after spending a couple of days away for the memorial service ... such a sad occasion but it was lovely to catch up with people I haven't seen for years.

I've overdone things and really needed to rest today but decided to get on with the must-do tasks so that I can rest properly before teaching and choir tomorrow. So, the recycling box (glass, tins, paper) has been filled and placed outside for tomorrow's kerbside collection. I've taken the gas and electricity meter readings and submitted them online, and later on will check whether I'd be better off changing to a new supplier as my current pricing contract is up for renewal. I've also hoovered through the downstairs rooms and prepared the music room ready for lessons.

Food-wise, I've reorganised the freezers from where I just dumped everything in on Thursday. Everything is now where it should be with the portions for this week and next ready in the kitchen freezer to save searching through every single drawer. I've also listed all the contents: ever the optimist, I hope to tick meals off as I use them ... I'll start well but then forget as I always do. It's one feat of organisation too many for me!! I'm in the middle of cooking a roast dinner and will plate up another meal for tomorrow to save time. 

And that's it. Apart from finishing off the roast and then the washing up, I won't do anything else today. Dancing on Ice and the new Vera series are my viewing choices for later and I'll read, or nap, until then, with bedtime as soon as Vera solves this week's crime. 

Comments

  1. It sounds a lovely, restful day. That's good.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me to be a bit more organized with my meals, but probably not as organized as you. I do like having things like soups and such frozen in serving-sized containers.

    Vera is a big favorite here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live alone and also have some severe food allergies so find it easier and cheaper to prepare the food in this way.

      The new series of Vera is very good.

      Delete
  3. Hello Eileen,
    The most important it's that you are fine.
    The organizations help us is this sense and too when we do things that we love.
    Have a nice night.
    Hugs
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to know that there is always something in the freezer that I can eat without being ill. It's worth the effort!

      Delete
  4. You were a whirlwind of activity! Hope you were able to rest in the evening. Hope you won't feel too tired on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I probably overdid it and I had a migraine during the night so today is going to be very quiet. I've cancelled my lessons and will just take it easy. I don't know if I'll go to choir tonight.

      Delete
  5. Oh lucky you getting Vera. I'm still waiting for the library to get the last series in. Hope that Sunday night's sleep was restful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new series of vera is excellent, I think you'll enjoy it when it gets to you! Sadly I had a disturbed night with a bad migraine so I'm taking it easy today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts