Tuesday

Yet another morning in the land of nod. I eventually hauled myself out of bed just after midday so I had slept for 14 hours!

All four lessons (three yesterday and one today) went well and, even though none of them had practiced, there was no significant drop in standard. They all have new repertoire to work on this week so we'll see how they get on.

Choir last night was good fun. I initially sat there, completely drenched from walking from car to the building, thinking that I couldn't quite believe I had braved the storm to go but I'm glad I did. There were a couple of new people, one of whom was on her own so I sat next to her and chatted until we started singing. We continued to work on Somewhere Over The Rainbow and The Never Ending Story and started learning Budapest, the George Ezra hit.

Today I spent the afternoon relaxing. I don't feel ill, just have absolutely no energy at all, so passed the time reading until it was time to do today's lesson. Then straight after the lesson, I headed off to the Odeon to meet with L and J to watch Jumanji: The Next Level. Sometimes a sequel is disappointing, and this one has poor reviews, but I enjoyed it just as much as the first film so am glad I made the effort to go. 

Comments

  1. I'm glad you were able to sleep in and rest. I guess starting the lessons, again, tired you out! Plus driving in the rain to go for choir practice. I'm glad that you enjoyed the evening, though. And this evening's movie, too. Continue to take it easy and rest as much as you can. Hope your energy returns, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having to pace myself at the moment and take time to rest when I can. I've abandoned any thoughts of continuing with the decluttering and will focus on taking care of myself. I see my doctor again soon for a routine appointment so can always check then if the tiredness continues.

      Delete
  2. What Bliss said. . .
    I'm glad your students were up to standard.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops - I meant Bless, of course - sorry, Bless.

      Delete
    2. They are all doing well in their own way. Two of them are making hard work over one of the essential techniques - more a case of they can do it but it's easier not to, so there is a bit of a battle ahead to get them to stay on track and moving forward but we'll get there! All good fun 😂

      Delete
  3. I also second (third?) what Bless said. 😊
    It seems like you body needs that sleep and rest to fully recover.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. It's a bit frustrating to feel so tired all the time but I'm doing my best to slow down and let my body recover.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear that the little darlings have maintained their levels in spite of not practicing but that can be done to their excellent teacher ...

    Rest will help win the war against that dreadful cold & since earlier you had pneumonia your body is still in recovery mode. Glad you liked the sequel - I have seen neither the first or second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they did okay because band resumed the Saturday before their lesson so they had the opportunity to get back up to speed!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with 'Budapest' - a great choice. Very catchy. I hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to sing. I'm starting to feel better now thanks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts