Saturday

It doesn't feel like a Saturday but the weekend is here so there is nothing in the way of chores to do. I didn't set the alarm so slept in until 10:30 am and have woken with a heavy head and a horrible cold. I may be feeling sorry for myself!

I had a lovely time with J yesterday and left her home, tummy full of bacon sandwiches and chocolate cake, with a jigsaw puzzle she'd already done, a book she'd borrowed and was returning, and a DVD she'd received as a Christmas gift which I am borrowing - it's series 1 of Rev

In the end I didn't get very far with sorting the books yesterday but I did manage to decide on some books for a few of the categories in the reading challenge. You're only expected to read one book per theme per month for this challenge but can obviously read more if you want. The theme for January is historical fiction and I've started reading The Witch Finder's Sister by Beth Underdown. It's a theme I seem to have plenty of novels to choose from so may also read Wild Swans by Jung Chang, and The Corset by Laura Purcell this month as well. 

Today will probably be a lot of reading and watching TV. There are a couple of new releases on Netflix I'd like to watch but as is always the way I can't remember the titles as I type this! I won't be going out as it's been raining and looks a bit drab out there so will do some form of exercise indoors. I've started back doing 10 - 15 minutes of the ones to strengthen my knees every day but will try to add something else to that, maybe some steps. We'll see how it goes.

Comments

  1. So sorry to hear you've come down with another cold! Hope it goes away soon and you'll be feeling much better in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it is just a cold this time so recovery should be reasonably speedy.

      Delete
  2. I hope the cold goes soon - they can be miserable.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some parts of your post could have been written by me!
    I'm sorry you are not feeling well. I'm also having a cold, but still in the early stage - itchy throat, heavy head etc..
    I got sick just after Christmas, and then this. I'm trying to look at the bright side. Perhaps, we both are just getting all the sickness out of the way very early in the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you have a cold. It's a miserable experience at the best of times but feels even worse when you live alone. I hope you feel better soon. I also hope you are right and we're both getting all the sickness out of the way at the start of the year!!

      Delete
  4. I read Wild Swans when it was first published but I think I would get more out of it now. I met Jung Chang a couple of months ago and was tempted to re-read ... but then the shelves are groaning with unread tomes, so...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts