Sunday

Today has gone to pot before it started. I didn't set the alarm so slept through the entire morning, waking about 12:30 pm. All my ideas for the day have flown out of the window and I'm settling in for a quiet day at home.

The trip to the cinema has been rescheduled for Tuesday evening and instead of going on my own I will now be joined by L and possibly J. I've also enquired about attending a calligraphy one day workshop next month. The website wasn't at all user friendly and I couldn't work out how to buy a ticket. Hopefully there will be a space for me but if not, at least I know this company run them regularly. They are based in Frome, about 9 miles away, and the workshop includes lunch, all resources and on some of them you leave with a calligraphy pen as well.

For the rest of the day I'll amuse myself with reading, playing the flute, watching TV (Dancing on Ice is back on!), and maybe playing some online games. I still feel sleepy headed so I think it will be an early night ... teaching starts again tomorrow afternoon.

Comments

  1. You really must have needed that sleep so I'm glad you were able to get it and another early night sounds perfect. Take care.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it's the aftermath of the pneumonia rather than sickening for something else. Fingers crossed anyway x

      Delete
  2. That's a sign you needed the sleep :) I hope the calligraphy workshop works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling positive about the calligraphy workshop. I'll know whether there's a place for me tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you were able to sleep in. You probably needed it! I like your plans for the rest of Sunday. Hope you do get a place at the upcoming calligraphy workshop. My mother used to do calligraphy and I believe I still have a pen set that came with a book my daughter had received. I have atrocious handwriting, but, might be something to try, myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a dodgy start, I have enjoyed the rest of my Sunday. I need to continue to take it easy as I'm still not 100%, getting better but it's going to take time I think.

      I won prizes for my handwriting as a child and still love writing with pen and ink rather than using a biro. I need practice on the calligraphy though so this course will help enormously, assuming I get a place.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts