Friday 20th May

140/365: dianthus 'memories'
 

I'm still feeling fragile from a combination of the after effects of the migraine and the awful news that one of my brothers has been diagnosed with a serious illness and is awaiting treatment. I'm not giving any more details than that as it his story and he really wouldn't like me talking about it, but it was a shock to hear the news.

I spent a fair bit of yesterday doing my best to relax. In the end I didn't stay in bed as I received notification that a parcel would be delivered so, as I needed to be able to get to the door quickly, I decided to rest on the sofa instead. I've had dealings with this particular courier company before and they don't allow much time for you to get to the door ... one time I'd walked from the living room to the front door in time to see the courier van disappearing up the road with my parcel on board! On this occasion I reached the door in plenty of time so there are now six lofos plants to be dealt with as well, as a guara and another fuchsia which are due any day ... M knows about these so they aren't part of the (already broken) agreement!

Today I need to pick up some salad stuff but that's all I need so it won't take too long. Then it's back home and a quiet day to look forward to ... piano, reading, and doing as little as possible!

Comments

  1. So sad to hear about your brother. Trusting he'll get the treatment he needs x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read of your brother's illness and I hope his treatment starts soon and is successful. I hope you are able to rest and relax today and try not to worry xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read about your brother being diagnosed with a serious illness, Eileen. I wish him the best; may the treatments heal him and may he regain good health, as a result.
    I'm glad that you are continuing to take it easy. So glad that you received some of the new plants you ordered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry about your bad news. Also that you are still feeling unwell from the migraine.
    Hoping you have a better day today
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sorry to hear about your brother, I hope he gets the best treatment. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, sorry to hear that your brother is seriously ill. That can be very unsettling. I stopped and said a quick prayer for him, for successful treatment and recovery. I hope your migraine passes quickly also. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a lot for you to deal with yesterday. I am sorry to hear that your brother is facing a difficult health time. Sending lots of healing energy, that the right treatment, the right doctors are all in place to allow healing. Your plant delivery sounds a nice treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adding to those above my best wishes to your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks to all of you for your kind comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your brother gets the care he needs. Best wishes to him and you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts