Wednesday 4th April

124/365: the first bud of the year on the Eden rose

Yesterday turned out to be a very pleasant day. I visited the local garden centres but didn't see anything suitable for planting in the trellis planters. I did enjoy the time in the fresh air, even though it wasn't as warm as I'd have liked, and it was a lovely, stress free way to spend the morning. I did my regular practices when I got back and then spent the afternoon reading and commenting on blogs.

Today has a bit more packed into it! It's the nutrition club at 10am but that's also the time S want's to check something in the garage ... I'm not sure how long that will take so I may miss it for today. That's followed by my weekly piano lesson, which should be interesting. I've no idea how but my ring finger on my left hand has been bruised and painful since last Friday and it's hampering my playing, so I don't know how much progress there will be this week. 

This afternoon, and the highlight of the week, is a trip to the cinema with L to see Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. We'll also get something to eat before the screening. We haven't booked anywhere but the cinema is next to seven restaurants and there's a Costa inside the cinema itself, so we shouldn't have any problems getting a table.

I'll be home in plenty of time for tonight's viewing ... the Great British Sewing Bee. It's sports week and the contestants have to make a pair of trainers in one of the challenges, something I've never tried so I'm looking forward to seeing how they get on.

I can't finish without wishing you all a Happy Star Wars Day ...

via GIPHY

Comments

  1. May the fourth be with you, too! :D
    Yay for the first rose bud! It looks ready to burst open any day!
    Sounds like you have some very nice plans for the day! I wonder if you hurt your finger while moving things in the garage? Good luck with the piano lesson. And enjoy your movie! I know it's one my daughter wants to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just had a look at the garden and there are actually three buds on the Eden rose so it won't be long before there's some more colour!

      For years I have been experiencing unexplained bruising and pain on various parts of my body with no medical reason. It just happens and this was the same. I don't think I hurt my hand when I was working in the garage, but it is possible.

      It's my piano lesson in an hour and then I have a bit of a break until L arrives. ☺️☺️

      Delete
  2. I hope your finger feels better soon, have you knocked it while sorting the garage? Enjoy your trip to the cinema and meal with L. Making a pair of trainers, wow that will be interesting to see. Happy Star Wars Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I may have hurt my finger in the garage but wasn't aware of doing anything at the time. For years I have been experiencing unexplained bruising and pain on various parts of my body with no medical reason and this was just the same.

      We've been waiting for so long for the release of this film that I 'm not sure if I can remember the story so far, but I 'm sure it'll come back to me.

      Delete
  3. LOL - and also with you!! :-)

    I think I'm waiting for the DVD to come out but would love to read what you thought of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fantastic Beasts storyline hasn't grabbed my interested as much as the Harry Potter did. I'm hoping that this film will be the one that makes it click for me as it's focusing on Dumbledore. I'll let you know my thoughts tomorrow. xx

      Delete
  4. May the 4th be with you also. I am finding May to be a month of book/movie character celebrations (May 2nd was Harry Potter Day). I've got to find a better way to celebrate other than with cake! Did you bang your hand/finger in the garage re-arranging? Hope you enjoy The movie & I look forward to your review of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake and celebrations go together though!

      No, definitely didn't bang my hand, just an unexplained bruise.

      I'm just waiting for L to arrive and then our cinema treat starts 😊

      Delete
  5. Yesterday sounds great. Hope that you have fun at the pictures. I'm also looking forward to the Sewing Bee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day, thanks Lyssa, and I enjoyed myself.

      Delete
  6. Trainers?! Maybe I'll tune in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you think? I doubt I'll be trying it myself.

      Delete
    2. Well I certainly won't, but then I can't really sew much beyond buttons and cross stitch! I thought there were some impressive efforts, but the middle challenge is often a bit daft. Besides Esme puts me on edge; she seems so ill at ease and never seems to take enough breath to finish her sentences!

      Delete
    3. Yes, the middle challenge is always a bit daft. I never see the point of it. I quite like Esme since seeing her interviewed on other shows ...I like her sense of humour.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts