Tuesday 10th May

130/365: the first of the alliums has flowered
 

Yesterday was not the best of days with the shocking news that an old college friend died last week after a short illness. She has already been buried in accordance with her family's customs, so a memorial service will be held later this week to allow all her friends to say their goodbyes. I don't know all the details though there was mention of the service being on Zoom, but if that's not correct it will be a trip to Newcastle and an overnight stay.

I didn't get much done yesterday and don't really feel in the right frame of mind to celebrate Ced's life in the way I'd planned to this week, so have postponed that for now. Instead I did a bit more pottering in the garden and garage so will carry on with that today ... it feels productive without being too tiring. 

The blue pots of spring bulbs have been moved behind the garage while the leaves die back and the summer pots have been moved out of the garage and onto the patio, ready to be planted when M is here (which should be Friday but it depends on the arrangements for the memorial service). I'm not using all of the pots this year so I've started emptying the remainder. Hopefully I'll finish that today and will also be able to drop the rubbish off at the recycling yard ... both are undemanding jobs which is what I need today.

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. I understand your not wanting to celebrate your late partner's life in the way you had planned given the circumstances.Pottering about today sounds ideal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. It doesn't feel the right time now to celebrate in the way I'd planned so will have a nice meal and a few treats instead.

      Delete
  2. Echoing Eileen's comment above. Thinking of you x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Eileen. My sympathy to you and all affected. One step at a time over the next few days . . . xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I understand that, although she'd been ill she was expected to make a full recovery, so her death was completely unexpected. xx

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As with others, I offer my condolences on the loss of your friend. Hopefully your patio & garden offer you the respite you need at this moment to honour the memories of Ced & your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. Rain has stopped play as far as the garden is concerned today!

      Delete
  6. You have my condolences on the loss of your friend,and the timing with your planned remembrance of Ced probably makes it more than doubly felt. Take care of yourself and give yourself time to process all those feelings. Hopefully pottering around will help with that. Sending a cyber hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne and thanks again for the hug x

      Delete
  7. Good afternoon Eileen,
    How I regret the passing of your friend!
    Rest in peace!
    In these moments no one has the will for great things, so do what is most favorable for your spirit.
    I liked this beautiful flower!
    Hugs and have a good week.
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime.

      I hope you have a good weekend too x

      Delete
  8. So sorry for your loss. It sounds like a shock. Sending hugsx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. It is a shock because we were all expecting her to get better.

      Delete
  9. Definitely take it easy and give yourself time to process all what has happened. It is even more of a shock when someone who was expected to recover from an illness and be well passes away, instead. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. My emotions are all over the place at the moment, to do with the shock I suppose.

      Delete
  10. Such sad news and so out of the blue. I hope you are starting to process it a bit and that the online funeral helps. I have heard they are very good and sensitively done.

    Sorry for the lateness of my comment. For some reason I can't comment from my tablet any more - I have been trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. I think lots of people are having problems with Blogger and with commenting, so you're not alone. I'm coming to terms with the news and the memorial service will help. I've 'been' to a couple of online funeral services and they have both been very good.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts